+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

(Super Delay) Work Permit Extension (inland) Timelines Here...

Norma55

Star Member
Oct 11, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
04-09-2019
Med's Done....
22-08-2019
Passport Req..
09-03-2020
Hello! I applied for a WP Extension (same employer) online on July 16th, no news since then. I originally was going to apply for one more year but last minute my employer decided to do it for 2 years. I submitted my application before my current WP expires, all good! A few days ago, looking for information about the processing times (as all of you guys), and other stuff related with the extension, I noticed my passport will expire on Feb 2020!!! OMG I was so focused on submit my documentation (also my partner's, Open Work Permit for him) that I totally missed the notion of time... 2020 is not that far from my work permit extension application... (It would be from around August/October, 2018, to August/October 2020, I'm not sure how it works), but my passport expires on Feb 2020... so idiot of me. I was trying to book an appointment to renew my passport ASAP (tomorrow Friday), but apparently they doesn't issue it the same day, it takes 4-6 weeks...

Now reading your experiences, it takes an average of 3 months to get an answer, so, based on that, they'd send me an answer about Tuesday next week... I guess is too late to try to get a new passport, as the sooner I'll get it would be by the end of November, and I could't submit it with the Web Form option (as the decision would be taken by then)... Of course now I'm even more stressed about what will they determine in my case. I wanna jump off a bridge! >.<

funter28

May 20, 2015
People applied for bowp on 1st and 7th August got approvals on 10th and 13th October. I am still waiting...no change in status...any idea what could be the reason?

Milly888

Feb 9, 2013
I also applied online on July 16th - actually for a Student permit extension and my partner applied for the Open work permit extension. Still no update...

Norma55

Star Member
Oct 11, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
04-09-2019
Med's Done....
22-08-2019
Passport Req..
09-03-2020
People applied for bowp on 1st and 7th August got approvals on 10th and 13th October. I am still waiting...no change in status...any idea what could be the reason?
Hi there!

I applied on July 16th and I just got that email again... "There have been no updates to your application (WXXXXXXXXX) since you last checked your account. Thank you for your patience."

Also, I haven't filled out the WebForm, maybe that's why!? Should I sent the WebForm?

funter28

May 20, 2015
Hi there!

I applied on July 16th and I just got that email again... "There have been no updates to your application (WXXXXXXXXX) since you last checked your account. Thank you for your patience."

Also, I haven't filled out the WebForm, maybe that's why!? Should I sent the WebForm?
I got the same email twice exactly after 1st and 2nd month. Did u try calling cic?

Norma55

Star Member
Oct 11, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
04-09-2019
Med's Done....
22-08-2019
Passport Req..
09-03-2020
I got the same email twice exactly after 1st and 2nd month. Did u try calling cic?
I also got the same email twice, but with different number applications, one for my partner and one for me, so basically it is not the same email. Actually I called a few hours ago (also about my passport problem), and the agent told me that by now, I should have get an answer...

funter28

May 20, 2015
I also got the same email twice, but with different number applications, one for my partner and one for me, so basically it is not the same email. Actually I called a few hours ago (also about my passport problem), and the agent told me that by now, I should have get an answer...
I dont understand the reason. People 2 days before and after me got bowp but my case is stuck. May be they are waiting for PR finalization. Otherwise I dont find any other reason. Did agent tell you reason for delay?

Norma55

Star Member
Oct 11, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
04-09-2019
Med's Done....
22-08-2019
Passport Req..
09-03-2020
I dont understand the reason. People 2 days before and after me got bowp but my case is stuck. May be they are waiting for PR finalization. Otherwise I dont find any other reason. Did agent tell you reason for delay?
No, she didn't give me any reason, but what I've read here, it is also important to check the processing times for the dependents (if you have any), in my case, we are only my partner and I. About the PR finalization, did you also applied for PR? It may be related... I'm not in that stage yet, just applied for a Work permit extension, same employer. There's some people here who applied in July (HB9, RMAvelino, niah and Nabila hasan), and I believe they hasn't get any answer either. Please guys let us know any update :)

Nabila hasan

Sep 30, 2018
No, she didn't give me any reason, but what I've read here, it is also important to check the processing times for the dependents (if you have any), in my case, we are only my partner and I. About the PR finalization, did you also applied for PR? It may be related... I'm not in that stage yet, just applied for a Work permit extension, same employer. There's some people here who applied in July (HB9, RMAvelino, niah and Nabila hasan), and I believe they hasn't get any answer either. Please guys let us know any update :)
Not yet! Still waiting ..

Norma55

Star Member
Oct 11, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
04-09-2019
Med's Done....
22-08-2019
Passport Req..
09-03-2020
Not yet! Still waiting ..
I believe RMAvelino is our reference here... applied on June 29th and still no answer, right? Also, Niranjani 176 applied on June 25th, do you have any update!?