+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

(Super Delay) Work Permit Extension (inland) Timelines Here...

Kishan18

Star Member
Dec 2, 2020
Hello does anyone know the processing time for the work permit under the new policy?

Is it faster than the regular PGWP?
Can i get one in under a month?

MLV1979

Feb 2, 2021
I applied for BOWP on July 24, 2020 and still waiting. Anyone with the same timeline?
Hi Ali18, thought I'd return the favor and answer this in case it helps. We applied for BOWP on December 19, 2019... and only received it Jan 12 2021. In December 2020 we received an apology notice that an administrative error had occurred on our PR application (which was submitted Sept 2019). Only then did they start moving on processing our PR application and once we passed the R10 stage, our BOWP was issued.

By the way, we checked in every few months and were told every time that everything was in order with both our PR and BOWP applications. So even though there was an error, it was not detected until much later.

Hopefully this isn't the case with many people, just an fyi--in some cases like ours the BOWP only came after more than a year. Good luck.

Reactions: gn911

marrymechrispratt

Apr 27, 2020
For anyone that is curious about timelines on WP extension, I applied January 14 and was approved February 10. Closed WP, LMIA-exempt. Hopefully this gives some hope to those still waiting.

Reactions: upon

ah0909

Jan 12, 2021
For anyone that is curious about timelines on WP extension, I applied January 14 and was approved February 10. Closed WP, LMIA-exempt. Hopefully this gives some hope to those still waiting.
Hi, did you have provincial nomination? And any dependants? Applied same day, still waiting