+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Summer visit Fiance

la94

Jun 2, 2016
LOST777 said:
She submitted

-her university schedule and classes for year 2 which are now finished. Year 3 starts in September.
-medical
-biometrics
-police reports.
-And our marriage paper in arabic.
-proof she is study in arabic.
-she scanned her proof of travel 2 years ago with passport scans.

-letter of invitation from me where I explain our relationship and how I want her to visit before school starts so I dont have to keep losing work.

they said refused because of:

-Travel History
-Family ties in Canada and in country of residence
-employment in country of res *she is a student*
-current employment *student*
-personal assests and financial status
-no sufficient funds.

those were the reasons.

She was refused for being a student too?! Me the same ! What the hell?! Being a studnet is a higher tie to a job I think. ( if you have high grades ). One can have a simple job that could not like and does not care to quit it. How could one quit university where he she passed tje exam to enter, studied always, in one year graduate, and has schoolarship ?! (My situation ) . And what do they want for travel history ?! I got that refusal too. Sure I never teavelled maybe I always studying and just 21

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Being a studnet is a higher tie to a job I think. ( if you have high grades
It depends. If she is going to GRADUATE soon then it is a tie. If she is a student of 1st-2nd year- then NOT.
Because she will definitely go back to graduate SOON but she could easily abandon 1 or 2 years of study to start over in Canada.

simplyaddo

Jun 18, 2012
I've recently posted this in other discussion threads too. The issue is with expats in the middle east - VO officers feel that there is not enough ties holding them to their countries of residence. Although I disagree, and agree with you, that education is a pretty good tie. However, you being her fiance strengthens her tie to Canada and makes her application weaker.

If I may suggest, in an invitation letter from you, clearly mention that since she is still studying, you two have decided to put off any plans to move to Canada for the time being. Also add that you intend to plan to apply for PR only after she graduates in the year 20XX. In the meantime, you would like the chance for her to tour Canada with you for a couple of weeks of summer vacation.

If the VO reads this, it may satisfy the doubts they have in mind.

You could also order the GCMS notes to get further clarity on what the VOs were concerned about.