+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Summer internship during graduate school (not co-op)

newfieland

Oct 31, 2011
Hello,

I have searched through the older posts but could not find any related information.

I am enrolled to a graduate school (masters in science) and has been offered an internship position for the summer. It is NOT a part of my program but they might offer a permanent job as I complete my internship in the company.

I am holding an off-campus work permit (and study permit of course). However, my off-campus work permit is only valid when I am a full-time student. While I am a full time student I only can work up to 24hours a week and this internship is a full time job (40 hours a week). Off campus work permit allows me to work full-time on scheduled breaks, but 'summer' is not considered as break in grad school.

Co-op work permit requires the position to be a part of the studies, so I think I am not eligible to apply (I can receive a letter from my thesis supervisor saying that the position would support my studies though).

Any ideas?

Thanks,
K

madreza.m

Jun 27, 2014
hi,

I have the same situation. I worked 6 weeks full time during last summer. I can get a letter from my supervisor indicating my 6 weeks od vacation during summer.

Do you have any idea for applying post graduate work permit???

Thanks