New Delhi
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
03-10-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2019
Is there any PNP program where we can apply without any Job offer and without having any study from Canada.

Lollie

Jun 26, 2016
If i get the invitation from a Province, do i have to mandatory stay on that province?. Im planning to apply to Prince Edward Island butI have friend in toronto so if i get the chance to go and live there would be cheaper for me. is that posible?

saumit12

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Hello all,

Can any one with NOC code 2147 share their job description with me? saumit1990@gmail.com
I work as a Network Engineer for a software solutions company and currently in the process of creating a EE profile.

another doubt i had is, for eg: if get promoted to a higher level after creating EE, can we update our profile with the same.

thanks,
Sam

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lollie said:
If i get the invitation from a Province, do i have to mandatory stay on that province?. Im planning to apply to Prince Edward Island butI have friend in toronto so if i get the chance to go and live there would be cheaper for me. is that posible?
Legally, once you have PR, you can live anywhere in Canada. But that's quite unethical.
By accepting a province's PN, you are promising that you will live and work in that province. It's not legally-binding, but it is a promise that you are thinking about breaking before you've even made it.

The general consensus in this forum, is that you should spend at least a year in the province, and try as hard as you can to make it work. If, after a year, you can't get a job, then it's okay to move.

Reactions: S.RoyIndia

sp60

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Earlier, I had applied for SINP (December Express entry 2015) in Noc 2174 but at that time my funds were not 3 months older. So it was rejected. Since I have maintained those funds now and SINP Express entry is opened again but at this time that same Noc 2174 is not there. Instead of that Noc 2171 is there. I have applied under this in july intake and I have got my file number as well

In my job I have 6 years of experience so I am handling job duties which comes under Noc 2171.According to my own technical knowledge and after matching my job duties with HRDC job duties for NOC 2171 there are around 45 % of my work falls under 2171 and 55 % falls under 2174

Now I need suggestion from all of the members. Will SINP consider my application properly or they will make a question on this.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sp60 said:
Earlier, I had applied for SINP (December Express entry 2015) in Noc 2174 but at that time my funds were not 3 months older. So it was rejected. Since I have maintained those funds now and SINP Express entry is opened again but at this time that same Noc 2174 is not there. Instead of that Noc 2171 is there. I have applied under this in july intake and I have got my file number as well

In my job I have 6 years of experience so I am handling job duties which comes under Noc 2171.According to my own technical knowledge and after matching my job duties with HRDC job duties for NOC 2171 there are around 45 % of my work falls under 2171 and 55 % falls under 2174

Now I need suggestion from all of the members. Will SINP consider my application properly or they will make a question on this.
If your job requires you to perform 75% of the duties of NOC 2171, then you should be eligible to apply under that NOC.

sp60

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
istari said:
If your job requires you to perform 75% of the duties of NOC 2171, then you should be eligible to apply under that NOC.
I am fulfilling the mixed job duties only. Like my total 11 job duties are distributed in both these NOC's

Noc 2174 - 55 % (6 out of 11)
NOC 2171- 45 % (5 out of 11)

Now please suggest me that I can apply under which NOC

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sp60 said:
I am fulfilling the mixed job duties only. Like my total 11 job duties are distributed in both these NOC's

Noc 2174 - 55 % (6 out of 11)
NOC 2171- 45 % (5 out of 11)

Now please suggest me that I can apply under which NOC
There is a list of duties under NOC 2171. Go through the list, and look at the duties. If you perform 75% of the duties in one of the occupations, then you're eligible to apply.

"The following is a summary of the main duties for some occupations in this unit group:

Information systems business analysts and consultants confer with clients to identify and document requirements, conduct business and technical studies, design, develop, integrate and implement information systems business solutions, and provide advice on information systems strategy, policy, management, security and service delivery.

Systems security analysts confer with clients to identify and document requirements, assess physical and technical security risks to data, software and hardware, and develop policies, procedures and contingency plans to minimize the effects of security breaches.

Information systems quality assurance analysts develop and implement policies and procedures throughout the software development life cycle to maximize the efficiency, effectiveness and overall quality of software products and information systems.

Systems auditors conduct independent third-party reviews to assess quality assurance practices, software products and information systems."

sp60

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
istari said:
There is a list of duties under NOC 2171. Go through the list, and look at the duties. If you perform 75% of the duties in one of the occupations, then you're eligible to apply.

"The following is a summary of the main duties for some occupations in this unit group:

Information systems business analysts and consultants confer with clients to identify and document requirements, conduct business and technical studies, design, develop, integrate and implement information systems business solutions, and provide advice on information systems strategy, policy, management, security and service delivery.

Systems security analysts confer with clients to identify and document requirements, assess physical and technical security risks to data, software and hardware, and develop policies, procedures and contingency plans to minimize the effects of security breaches.

Information systems quality assurance analysts develop and implement policies and procedures throughout the software development life cycle to maximize the efficiency, effectiveness and overall quality of software products and information systems.

Systems auditors conduct independent third-party reviews to assess quality assurance practices, software products and information systems."

MY Job Duties include

Highlighted Orange part is falls under NOC 2171 & Black part is falls under NOC 2174

1. Confirms project requirements by reviewing program objectives, input data and output requirements with analyst, supervisor, and client.
2. May gather the information regarding user's basic requirements in the project, before the planning and designing of optimization model .
3. Write, update, and maintain computer programs or software packages to handle specific jobs, such as tracking inventory, storing or retrieving data, or controlling other equipment.
4. Compile and write documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the Program.
5. Perform or direct revision. repair. or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
6. Testing application to ensure the code is correct, debug the errors where they occur and rerunning & rechecking the program until it produces the correct results.
7. Make experiments on the product while it goes through various phases of SDLC to takeout best performance from the product and to maintain its quality assurance.
8. Investigate whether networks, workstations, the central processing unit of the system, and/or peripheral equipment are responding to a program's instructions.
9. Assign, coordinate, and review work and activities of programming personnel and train subordinates in programming and program coding.
10. Working with technical writers and trainers lo develop user support materials like user manuals.
11. Make queries with end-users to gather the much needed changes requirements and then discuss it with team and management.

Please now you suggest under which Noc I should apply. I have these job duties on my present experience

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sp60 said:
MY Job Duties include

Highlighted Orange part is falls under NOC 2171 & Black part is falls under NOC 2174

1. Confirms project requirements by reviewing program objectives, input data and output requirements with analyst, supervisor, and client.
2. May gather the information regarding user's basic requirements in the project, before the planning and designing of optimization model .
3. Write, update, and maintain computer programs or software packages to handle specific jobs, such as tracking inventory, storing or retrieving data, or controlling other equipment.
4. Compile and write documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the Program.
5. Perform or direct revision. repair. or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
6. Testing application to ensure the code is correct, debug the errors where they occur and rerunning & rechecking the program until it produces the correct results.
7. Make experiments on the product while it goes through various phases of SDLC to takeout best performance from the product and to maintain its quality assurance.
8. Investigate whether networks, workstations, the central processing unit of the system, and/or peripheral equipment are responding to a program's instructions.
9. Assign, coordinate, and review work and activities of programming personnel and train subordinates in programming and program coding.
10. Working with technical writers and trainers lo develop user support materials like user manuals.
11. Make queries with end-users to gather the much needed changes requirements and then discuss it with team and management.

Please now you suggest under which Noc I should apply. I have these job duties on my present experience
It doesn't matter how many of your duties fall under which NOC. You've listed 11 duties, and only 5 of them fall under the NOC 2171.
But that doesn't matter. What matters is whether or not those 5 duties cover 75% of the duties listed under NOC 2171. If they do, you qualify. If they don't, you don't.

I realise that NOC 2171 is a bit complicated in this regard, as the list of duties is not in the typical format. But I've given you all the information I possibly can. I don't know which NOC you should choose, because I'm not familiar with your job or either NOC.

If you're still not sure, make a list of the duties you think apply to NOC 2171 (and only these duties; leave out the other 6), email it to noc@workingincanada.gc.ca, and ask them if you qualify for NOC 2171.

sp60

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
istari said:
It doesn't matter how many of your duties fall under which NOC. You've listed 11 duties, and only 5 of them fall under the NOC 2171.
But that doesn't matter. What matters is whether or not those 5 duties cover 75% of the duties listed under NOC 2171. If they do, you qualify. If they don't, you don't.

I realise that NOC 2171 is a bit complicated in this regard, as the list of duties is not in the typical format. But I've given you all the information I possibly can. I don't know which NOC you should choose, because I'm not familiar with your job or either NOC.

If you're still not sure, make a list of the duties you think apply to NOC 2171 (and only these duties; leave out the other 6), email it to noc@workingincanada.gc.ca, and ask them if you qualify for NOC 2171.
thank you so much for this precious help. I have sent an email to them.

Suppose they will say yes to me that i am eligible under 2171.
Now the question remain the same that will SINP consider me under 2171 NOC as I had applied there once with 2174 NOC. But I have sent the same experience letter both times with same job duties.
Will SINP consider me to give their state nomination. Besides this issue, I am fulfilling their all eligibilites.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sp60 said:
thank you so much for this precious help. I have sent an email to them.

Suppose they will say yes to me that i am eligible under 2171.
Now the question remain the same that will SINP consider me under 2171 NOC as I had applied there once with 2174 NOC. But I have sent the same experience letter both times with same job duties.
Will SINP consider me to give their state nomination. Besides this issue, I am fulfilling their all eligibilites.
If you qualify for more than 1 NOC, you get to choose which one you use. So it shouldn't be a problem.

sp60

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
istari said:
If you qualify for more than 1 NOC, you get to choose which one you use. So it shouldn't be a problem.
ok thank you so much for these precious suggestions

sunchaser

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saumit12 said:
Hello all,

Can any one with NOC code 2147 share their job description with me? saumit1990@gmail.com
I work as a Network Engineer for a software solutions company and currently in the process of creating a EE profile.

another doubt i had is, for eg: if get promoted to a higher level after creating EE, can we update our profile with the same.

thanks,
Sam
Buddy, to my understanding you can change the code while you are in the pool (while waiting for ITA). Once you receive ITA and you upload your documents, not sure if you would be in a position to make any changes. Do you foresee that your responsibilities would change drastically with promotion?

sunchaser

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Joelmath - You are a star! Big thanks 8)