+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Suing Canadian consulate in LA

Cam j

Jan 7, 2013
Hey everybody, I had denial for study permit, as it was written I have not submitted evidence that I am currently attending classes and I am in good standing in US (I came here also by student visa), but I had gave them my I 20, where they could find the name of school and just contact them. This is very unfair, they take 125 dollars, 2 weeks and do not even call my school, I am thinking about suing this consulate. Their call center does not work, they do not answer emails, they do not even speak to you. This is actuall violation of my rights! Now I am considering suing them, had anybody had such experience, can you advise me something? Thnx in advance.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Cam j said:
Hey everybody, I had denial for study permit, as it was written I have not submitted evidence that I am currently attending classes and I am in good standing in US (I came here also by student visa), but I had gave them my I 20, where they could find the name of school and just contact them. This is very unfair, they take 125 dollars, 2 and do not even call my school, I am thinking about suing this consulate. Their call center does not work, they do not answer emails, they do not even speak to you. This is actuall violation of my rights! Now I am considering suing them, had anybody had such experience, can you advise me something? Thnx in advance.

1. You were lucky, it was just $125, now it could be $12,500.
2. What's the logic in expecting CHC to search for your transcript, school details. I20 doesn't mean you are attending school, have transcripts in order.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
They should be suing you instead for failing to read and follow simple instructions.

Checklist for visa office in LA: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/washington/assets/pdfs/visas/53_1_eng.pdf - it says:

Academic Documents – originals and one photocopy of present academic standings (up to date transcripts);
post secondary transcripts; mark sheets; all certificates and/or diplomas. You must provide evidence of all
current and past education.

If you are in the United States on temporary status, please provide:
 Your US Non-Immigrant Visa,
 The original I-94 card issued by US authorities at the time of your entry into the US,
 The document issued to you by US authorities to confer that status (e.g.: SEVIS I-20 or DS-2019 or I-
797 form).

Cam j

Jan 7, 2013
It seems you are somehow related to them :) Such an emotional reply...Actually 125 is only the ammount I paid to them, I also paid certain ammount to School in Canada. And by the way I gave my diplomas to visa officer, she did not accepted them, telling me that they can not accept original documents, there should be only copies. Anyways I am in language school in US, so the school do not have

"originals and one photocopy of present academic standings (up to date transcripts);
post secondary transcripts; mark sheets".

Only document school gave me is The Form I-20 -

"(also known as the Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) Student Status-For Academic and Language Students) is a United States Department of Homeland Security, specifically ICE and the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP), document issued by SEVP-certified schools (colleges, universities, and vocational schools) that provides supporting information on a student's F or M status. This is what is said in US department site..."

Anyways I had visited over 10 different states in different continents, only Canadian embassy takes one month (!) to give visa. I can not understand what are they doing there? And why I should recieve my documents "only by mail" when I reside in LA, and it is much easier for me just to take them from embassy? It seems they even sent them to wrong adress, USPS took 11 days to deliver my documents, from Canadian consulate which is in downtown, to my home which is also in downtown.

I understand that big wave of immigration could create some negative ideas about all foregners who want to come to Canada, but guys, lets accept that what you are doing is unfair...

Cam j

Jan 7, 2013
And at last I think it is obvious that if somebody who will want to immigrate to Canada from US illegally, he will just cross the border. It does not make sense to apply for SP if your goal is to just to immigrate to Canada illegally :) There are million examples when people were crossing border with no visa, after giving up to Canadian government as "refugees" who are now citizens...

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Perhaps many years of dealing with them gives me a better understanding of the process. If you do not provide the documents requested, you can expect a rejection each time. I believe embassies have immunity and can not be sued but you may appeal.

1. you should have a record of the progress you've made with your english classes so far or how would you know whether you are improving or not? Don't you write tests?
2. The checklist says, "You must provide evidence of all current and past education" i.e. certificates/diplomas from primary school up to your highest level of education. Don't have records of your past education either?

Cam j said:
It seems you are somehow related to them :) Such an emotional reply...Actually 125 is only the ammount I paid to them, I also paid certain ammount to School in Canada. And by the way I gave my diplomas to visa officer, she did not accepted them, telling me that they can not accept original documents, there should be only copies. Anyways I am in language school in US, so the school do not have

"originals and one photocopy of present academic standings (up to date transcripts);
post secondary transcripts; mark sheets".

Only document school gave me is The Form I-20 -

"(also known as the Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) Student Status-For Academic and Language Students) is a United States Department of Homeland Security, specifically ICE and the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP), document issued by SEVP-certified schools (colleges, universities, and vocational schools) that provides supporting information on a student's F or M status. This is what is said in US department site..."

Anyways I had visited over 10 different states in different continents, only Canadian embassy takes one month (!) to give visa. I can not understand what are they doing there? And why I should recieve my documents "only by mail" when I reside in LA, and it is much easier for me just to take them from embassy? It seems they even sent them to wrong adress, USPS took 11 days to deliver my documents, from Canadian consulate which is in downtown, to my home which is also in downtown.

I understand that big wave of immigration could create some negative ideas about all foregners who want to come to Canada, but guys, lets accept that what you are doing is unfair...

Cam j

Jan 7, 2013
Thank you for understanding. I had but young lady in consulate did not accept my diplomas saying that I have to bring only copies, while they were originals...

Cam j

Jan 7, 2013
What do you think if I will write another email to Consulate, telling them why I could not attach this documents, what are the chances that they will reconsider my case again?

SenoritaBella said:
Perhaps many years of dealing with them gives me a better understanding of the process. If you do not provide the documents requested, you can expect a rejection each time. I believe embassies have immunity and can not be sued but you may appeal.

1. you should have a record of the progress you've made with your english classes so far or how would you know whether you are improving or not? Don't you write tests?
2. The checklist says, "You must provide evidence of all current and past education" i.e. certificates/diplomas from primary school up to your highest level of education. Don't have records of your past education either?

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unfortunately, CIC is very "by the checklist" kind when it comes to applications. You can't assume that they will do some searching for you when processing your application. The onus is upon you, the applicant, to provide them with everything they might need to process your application. The list of documents in the checklist are mandatory but more may be required.

when applying from the US where you are on a student visa, its pretty obvious that they might want to look at your transcripts from the school you are currently attending. If they do not have transcripts, perhaps a letter from the school stating your start/ end dates etc.

Apparently CIC replies to ignorance with rejection. And they do not reconsider anything, you would have to re-apply and pay the fee again.

Cam j

Jan 7, 2013
Yes but they could at least call me, and tell that I should bring transcirpts and etc. Their ignorance is fedding me up.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Cam j said:
Yes but they could at least call me, and tell that I should bring transcirpts and etc. Their ignorance is fedding me up.
They have no obligation to contact you. If you don't provide all of the supporting documents required, they can refuse your application. That's why it's very important to include everything in your original application.

Cam j

Jan 7, 2013
I understand it but my school is language school that is why they do not have any transcripts. I already made official inquiry to the school and they provided me with letter that there is no official transcripts...This is getting silly.