+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Suggestions required for Parents visitor visa

fusedpat

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Dear expert user,

Need your suggestions regarding my parent-in-laws visitor application.Currently i am preparing all the documents. I am a permanent resident in canada.In 2013 we have applied for visitor visa for my parent-in-laws(That time i was on work permit). That time got a medical request for both of them. After they attended medical they issued single entry visitor visa for my mother in law and for my father in law they asked for extended medicals, so we did not proceed further for my father in law. My mother in law visited canada in 2014.

Now we are applying visitor visa for both of them again by online application. I am planning to make my mother-in-law as primary applicant as she has travel history for canada and USA.My father-in-law is a retired state government employee in India so he entitle for pension,health insurance

1. Can you guys please suggest me how can i make my father-in-law's case stronger
2. We are planning them to bring here for 6 months so that can visit near by places and can attend my kid's birthday in January. Is it a good idea to mention 2 months duration in the application???
3. How much is the bank balance should be present for two people??

Below are the documents we are preparing

1. My payslip,T4,Bank statements
2. Father-in-law's bank statement,notarised property valuation document(Do i need to submit all their property documents too???)
3. Their passport stampings. My father-in-laws's singapore stamping (I heard asian country travel history is not that strong)

Is there any other documents which can make the case stronger for my father in law? Appreciate your suggestions

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

First-off, inviting your in-laws for 6 months is not recommended.... it shows weak ties and increases the possibilities of refusals. I would not give my kid's birthday as the reason to visit.

Making your MIL as the primary applicant will work if she can prove that she is paying for the visit and she has stronger ties to India than your FIL.

1. What strong ties can your MIL and FIL show to India.... individually? Property/land ownership + immediate dependent family + financial situation, etc?

2. How long did your MIL stay in Canada on her previous visit?

Cheers

fusedpat

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Hi Bryanna..

Thanks for the quick response,

1. What strong ties can your MIL and FIL show to India.... individually? Property/land ownership + immediate dependent family + financial situation, etc?
They do have land, house and their elder sister's family and the property valuation which is notarised is for 1 cr indian rupees

2. How long did your MIL stay in Canada on her previous visit?
She stayed for 6 months

is applying for 2 months is suggested??

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
They do have land, house and their elder sister's family and the property valuation which is notarised is for 1 cr indian rupees
1. Land: If it's agriculture land then you can include income earned from it + land ownership documents + current valuation

2. Property: Same as for the land (including if any rent is earned)

3. Do not submit only a CA valuation. You must include copies of the land and property ownership documents + latest property tax receipts, etc

4. The elder sister is married so she will not count as an immediate, dependent family member

She stayed for 6 months
is applying for 2 months is suggested??
Do keep their visit to only 3-4 weeks max. Your MIL stayed for 6 months the last time on a 6-months SEV. IMO, this will work against her current application.

Do include 1-2 solid reasons for them to return to India along with evidence.... apart from their other strong ties

fusedpat

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Hi Bryann,

Please help clarifying below as well

1. If we apply for 3 weeks only, is there any chance of getting on visa only for 3 weeks duration??
2. Though i am making my MIL as primary applicant the bank balance is more in my FIL account. Will that matters??
3. In the "IMM5257E" in the section 2 there is a statement "Have you ever been refused a visa or permit??" For my FIL first time when we applied in 2013 they asked for medicals after that they again asked for medicals extension which we could not attend as we checked that mail very late. So it was not the rejection actually. So should we make this checkbox "yes" and give the reason or we can enter as "No"??

Please suggest.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

1. The validity of the TRV depends on the assessment made by the visa officer.

It could be a single-entry visa for 6 months.... or else, if the visa officer believes the applicant is a genuine visitor with strong ties to his/her home country then it could be a MEV up to the full validity of the passport.

2. Why are you making your MIL as the primary applicant? Does she have stronger situation than your FIL? Or is it because she has visited Canada and the USA?

3. Answer 'Yes'.... by not submitting the medicals, her file was closed with TRV refused

rhukil

Jul 8, 2016
Dear expert,

I just arrived in Canada to do my PhD studies on a student permit about a month ago. My sister is Canadian (also student) and we both want to invite our parents for a visit soon. My sister who graduated last summer (2015) invited my mother for her graduation ceremony but her visa was rejected because of insufficient reasons to prove she would return to India. We want to reapply carefully this time. What would be the guiding principles to keep in mind before applying?

For example;
1. Potential duration of stay - can it be 3-5 months? because I read somewhere it should not be 6 months. How soon should we call them?
2. Will the host letters be from both my sister & me? Will we need to disclose our funds?
3. How much is an ideal budget that we should show them. My parents have more non-liquid assists (property, gold, FD) than liquid assets. Is that OK?
4. Do we need to address the reason of rejection in the letter while applying this time?
5. What are the chances of getting it approved?
6. Should we hire an expert to do this?
7. Anything else that we need to know before applying.

Kindly guide,
Thanks.
RH

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@rhukil

1. 3-5 months is too long and shows weak ties to their home country. Keep their visit to 3-4 weeks max.

2. You and your sister can co-invite your parents i.e. sign the same invitation letter. Financial documents of the host are not necessary... but as your parents do not have liquid cash, your financial documents will help to some extent.

3. There is no budget as such. You must work out a day-by-day itinerary (sightseeing, activities, meeting friends and relatives, etc).... with expense estimates.... and prove that your parents have their own finances to pay for the airfare + itinerary

Locked-in funds and immovable assets cannot pay for their visit. So, it is not okay

4. Yes, you must declare the previous TRV refusal in the visa application form + Cover letter.... and prove that you have addressed the refusal reasons

5. Impossible to predict the chances. It depends on your paperwork.

6. You do not need an expert. It's your choice though

7. Do go through this link.... for similar evidence/suggestions to prove your parents strong ties:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/bryanna-kindly-help-me-t452243.15.html

Cheers

fusedpat

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Thanks Brayana

For the second question, yes, since she has travel history I am making her as primary applicant, but income wise, my FIL hold government pension, so is it good idea to make MIL as primary applicant??

Bryanna said:
Hi,

1. The validity of the TRV depends on the assessment made by the visa officer.

It could be a single-entry visa for 6 months.... or else, if the visa officer believes the applicant is a genuine visitor with strong ties to his/her home country then it could be a MEV up to the full validity of the passport.

2. Why are you making your MIL as the primary applicant? Does she have stronger situation than your FIL? Or is it because she has visited Canada and the USA?

3. Answer 'Yes'.... by not submitting the medicals, her file was closed with TRV refused

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
fusedpat said:
For the second question, yes, since she has travel history I am making her as primary applicant, but income wise, my FIL hold government pension, so is it good idea to make MIL as primary applicant??
I would make the in-law who owns property, land and has funds to pay for the visit as the primary applicant.

Also, your MIL stayed the full 6 months previously on a 6-months SEV = a negative for this TRV application

fusedpat

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Hi Brayan,

Both of them have the property(house) on their name, my FIL have extra land.. and they both have liquid cash in their account which is worth of 2Lac INR(MIL) and 3 Lac inr(FIL) in their bank accounts.

I am confused on whom to make the primary account. Can you guide please

CONS: MIL have 1 days less than 6 months travel history
FIL file was closed previously because he did not attend medicals

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Instead of making one of them as a primary applicant..... maybe you should simply submit their paper applications together.... and state that both will be traveling together. Hence, they have combined funds of INR 500,000 for their visit.

Hope none of the money in their bank accounts has been borrowed/transferred recently.

If it is agriculture land then include income proofs/tax 'Form J' + current indicative market values for the property and land.

Also, you must declare that your FIL had applied earlier in the TRV form + cover letter

Cheers