+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Suggestions needed for getting work authorization

navneet046

Apr 23, 2018
Hi, I am currently on Closed work permit in Canada with my PR file in progress. My Fiancé is currently in USA but due to the VISA situation he will be immigrating to Canada. We have plans to get married in few months. Need suggestions on below queries:

1. Is there a way we can get work permit for my Fiancé in Canada?
2. If we get married while my PR is in progress(after ITA) and inform IRCC on same. How IRCC will proceed with primary applicant's application? Will they consider my spouse for spousal sponsorship or give him an open work permit? How drastically the timelines be impacted in this case?
3. Any other suggested way to deal with this situation.

Your help will be much appreciated.
Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, I am currently on Closed work permit in Canada with my PR file in progress. My Fiancé is currently in USA but due to the VISA situation he will be immigrating to Canada. We have plans to get married in few months. Need suggestions on below queries:

1. Is there a way we can get work permit for my Fiancé in Canada?
2. If we get married while my PR is in progress(after ITA) and inform IRCC on same. How IRCC will proceed with primary applicant's application? Will they consider my spouse for spousal sponsorship or give him an open work permit? How drastically the timelines be impacted in this case?
3. Any other suggested way to deal with this situation.

Your help will be much appreciated.
Thanks.
1. Once you are married, your fiance can apply for a spousal open work permit. Alternatively your fiance can secure a job offer with an employer in Canada along with an approved LMIA and apply for a closed work permit.
2. It will be mandatory that you add your spouse to your PR application once you are married. Expect a delay of several months in terms of your overall processing time.

navneet046

Apr 23, 2018
1. Once you are married, your fiance can apply for a spousal open work permit. Alternatively your fiance can secure a job offer with an employer in Canada along with an approved LMIA and apply for a closed work permit.
2. It will be mandatory that you add your spouse to your PR application once you are married. Expect a delay of several months in terms of your overall processing time.
Thanks for your response Scylla.