+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Suggestion Reuired - Unable to get Job reference letter

Ascent

May 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I have a total of 7 year experience in teaching at a university level.(NOC CODE 4011)

My work history is as follow:

First Job
Teaching Assistant = 1 year and 4 months (Nov 2008 - March 2010)
Lecturer = 2 years and roughly mid June (April 2010 - June 2012)

Total 3.5 years

Second Job

Lecturer = 1 year and 8 months (June 2012 - Feb 2014)
Assistant Professor = 1 year and 9 months (March 2014 - 1st Dec' 2015)

Total 3.5 year experience.

Problem I am facing is my first organization is willing to give me letter in CIC described format but I have only 2 year and few months experience there in my designated NOC i-e 4011; as I think, I have to exclude the Teaching Assistant experience because of the job tile. Although on teaching assistant, I was performing the same duties but with less work load (only 2 courses at under graduate level) and mostly assisting seniors.

For my second organization I am having problem in getting detailed reference letter as per CIC requirement. as they have clearly stated that we r not going to give experience letter in detail. (No Ex- colleague is wiling to help me).

For my second job self notarization is an option but I am not fully satisfied. Have ask couple of ex-colleagues to help but they r not willing to give reference letter even on a plain paper.

What should I do in this situation to claim maximum point for the work experience?

Your suggestions are highly valuable, Thanks in Advance.

Ascent

May 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any one?? who got PR through self notarized experience letter?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Excluding work experience due to the job title is a mistake, exclude it only if the NOC is not 0, A or B.

I won't get into talking about self-declared reference letters.

Reactions: Ascent

Ascent

May 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Excluding work experience due to the job title is a mistake, exclude it only if the NOC is not 0, A or B.

I won't get into talking about self-declared reference letters.
Thanks a million.