File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am not sure if anyone share with me this idea. But I am ready to pay an extra fees to accelerate the process to get the PR. I mean if they can make it just like how the process the passport, when you pay additional fees, you get it faster.
For example if they charge 500$ more and offering 4 months of process time only, that will be great. And they can use that money to hire more IRCC officers to work on Cases. Anyone else see this as a solution for the issue please like. Furthermore, if you have more ideas or suggestions, please feel free to share with us.
This isn't a realistic option.

A $500 increase won't cover the costs to speed up processing times. As things stand right now, the fees paid by applicants don't even cover half of the costs to process applications. The rest comes from taxpayer dollars.

Your plan would require taxpayers to cover even more. No political party is going to put that forward. That will be election suicide.

The increase would need to be several thousand dollars to achieve what you're looking to do.

Reactions: EscoBlades

Haitham Calgary

Apr 27, 2020
Calgary
AOR Received.
09-06-2020
This isn't a realistic option.

A $500 increase won't cover the costs to speed up processing times. As things stand right now, the fees paid by applicants don't even cover half of the costs to process applications. The rest comes from taxpayer dollars.

Your plan would require taxpayers to cover even more. No political party is going to put that forward. That will be election suicide.

The increase would need to be several thousand dollars to achieve what you're looking to do.
To be honest, I don't mind to pay whatever the amount is. For me it is way better than waiting. That 500$ number was just random.

Last edited:

genruab

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I am not sure if anyone share with me this idea. But I am ready to pay an extra fees to accelerate the process to get the PR. I mean if they can make it just like how the process the passport, when you pay additional fees, you get it faster.
For example if they charge 500$ more and offering 4 months of process time only, that will be great. And they can use that money to hire more IRCC officers to work on Cases. Anyone else see this as a solution for the issue please like. Furthermore, if you have more ideas or suggestions, please feel free to share with us.
The delay is not because there is lack of personnel at IRCC. Paying extra won't help, there is a high risk for breakdown of the healthcare system. Everyone is operating under these circumstances, more people start working, the higher the spread of the virus.
I know this situation is frustrating, Let's be patient

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
To be honest, I don't mine to pay whatever the amount is. For me it is way better than waiting. That 500$ number was just random.
Then it's feasible to have an accelerated stream. I think the fee would need to be around 10K.

However processing times still wouldn't be guaranteed. IRCC has very little control over how long certain things take (like background, security).

Reactions: Haitham Calgary

Haitham Calgary

Apr 27, 2020
Calgary
AOR Received.
09-06-2020
The delay is not because there is lack of personnel at IRCC. Paying extra won't help, there is a high risk for breakdown of the healthcare system. Everyone is operating under these circumstances, more people start working, the higher the spread of the virus.
I know this situation is frustrating, Let's be patient
Their process in all immigration system is very slow. Months to issue work permits or renew it, same thing for Study permits. And all of that was even before the COVID-19.

genruab

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Their process in all immigration system is very slow. Months to issue work permits or renew it, same thing for Study permits. And all of that was even before the COVID-19.
Well, my application was approved on April 2nd, 2020. AOR on 27 Dec 2019. Just a little over 3 months. Of not for Covid restrictions put in March, I would have already gotten the PPR.
Not sure what slow process you are talking about. It's case by case scenario, some are quick to verify, some are more difficult.
Overall getting a PR in 6 months is reasonable i think.
But now I ve been waiting for over a year. And most likely won't be able to travel until end of the summer.

Reactions: Haitham Calgary

Haitham Calgary

Apr 27, 2020
Calgary
AOR Received.
09-06-2020
Well, my application was approved on April 2nd, 2020. AOR on 27 Dec 2019. Just a little over 3 months. Of not for Covid restrictions put in March, I would have already gotten the PPR.
Not sure what slow process you are talking about. It's case by case scenario, some are quick to verify, some are more difficult.
Overall getting a PR in 6 months is reasonable i think.
But now I ve been waiting for over a year. And most likely won't be able to travel until end of the summer.
OMG, one year. That is too long. I hope they will process yours faster. recently the number of people apply to come to work or study in Canada, increased. The government also put plans to welcome more PR's in the coming years, yet they did not increase their work force to handle that. Now the Pandamic comes just to make things even worst. I hope they will find ways to improve the process.

genruab

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
OMG, one year. That is too long. I hope they will process yours faster. recently the number of people apply to come to work or study in Canada, increased. The government also put plans to welcome more PR's in the coming years, yet they did not increase their work force to handle that. Now the Pandamic comes just to make things even worst. I hope they will find ways to improve the process.
I think the issue is not about processing files but rather have a controlled income of PR holders in the country. There are a lot of people like myself sitting with approved profiles and "ready for visa" statuses.
The virus should be kept under control, that's why we are on the waitlist.