+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Suggestion About Study Permit

Phoenix2019

Oct 8, 2020
indeed. also why not get into program in similar field. then switch DLI later on. i heard many people do that so they dodge the career switch refusal.
I will search for this option, too. Thank you so much for this advice. Do you think would that suspicious if I switch my program to related field after my first application rejected?

Phoenix2019

Oct 8, 2020
As mentioned above, if switching is important for you then give your best effort with SOP and everything but just be prepared for a refusal as well and make other plans incase.
Yes, switching is the more important thing for me. Then I should carefully prepare a SOP to show everything.

Phoenix2019

Oct 8, 2020
so write very personalized and passionate letter explaining the switch. tal about your history and whu want so badly to switch. talk about our passion and future plans. u went to Canada and left it . that's positive factor. u went to europe on exchange. that's positive. it shows that you are trustworthy person. VO looks for genuine and trustworthy students. . if u wanna study that so badly then prove that to VO. don't worry they are also humans. they will read your papers and see other information and decides if you actually trustworthy or not
Thank you. And yes, these are positive points, I usually left the countries I studied way before my visa expires. I know they are human beings, too, and I know how hard their job is. I hope to prove my intention well enough in the SOP and, then eventually I will be able to study and switch my career.

gwenn

May 13, 2021
Hello guys. Hope you are all well. I do have a question on how I will write/defend my SOP.
Background: I graduated in 2009 and I enrolled in MBA and completed 4 subjects only way back in 2010. I did not complete it.
Plan: I plan on getting Business Management in Canada.
Concern: VO might have questions on why I did not pursue my MBA in my country and it seems like I'm downgrading from MBA to business management. Also, he might have concerns on why I want to study in Canada if it's available back home.

Can you please help me/advise on what possibly can I include my SOP as justification/reason? Thank you very much! :)

Phoenix2019

Oct 8, 2020
Oh nice! Congrats! When did you apply and what did you say in your SOP?
I can email you my SOP if you like to, just send me your email address through message. Basically, I mention my education history first, then why I want to change career, how I decided, why Canada Toronto and that college. My future plans and so on.