+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Suggested time between PR formalities and boarding flight

rgoveia

Sep 29, 2019
Hi,
I plan to do a soft landing in Toronto Airport. I'll be flying in from the US. May I know how much time it will take to complete PR formalities? Also, is there any issue if I fly on a weekend? After completion of this I need to board a plane to India (I prefer same day or day after, I don't want to exit the airport as I will have heavy luggage). Kindly suggest how much time I should keep between the PR formalities and my next flight. Many thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
I plan to do a soft landing in Toronto Airport. I'll be flying in from the US. May I know how much time it will take to complete PR formalities? Also, is there any issue if I fly on a weekend? After completion of this I need to board a plane to India (I prefer same day or day after, I don't want to exit the airport as I will have heavy luggage). Kindly suggest how much time I should keep between the PR formalities and my next flight. Many thanks.
No issues with weekends. I would give it 6-8 hours since you'll have to pass through immigration and customs and then re-check into your return flight.

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
Hi,
For Toronto, arriving early in the morning around 6 worked well for me. All formalities was done within an hour as there wasn't a long queue.

bmansi

Jul 10, 2018
@rgoveia - I am planning to do the same, but not sure if I will be catching the flight on the same day or next day. If I catch the flight on the same day, any idea if I need a transit visa for Canada to catch a flight to India? Also since I just have a Canada PR stamp (not actual PR), do they check for Canada visa on US airports before I could board the flight?