+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Suggest me program in Canada after Masters from my home country

navneet10sep

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone

I'm so confused here. I've been rejected once from Adv diploma in S/w Eng after Bachelor degree in Sep,2013. Now My Master Degree in Information Technology is going to complete in April,2014 So Now, I don't want to repeat same mistake again by taking admission in lower level program than my currunt qualification which was the reason behind my rejection. So please give me professional advise what to do now to get study permit. PHD doesn't seems feasible for me and If I take admission in Master again in canada that will become subject to the repetition of same level degree again.

How much bands are required to get admission in Master degree or in Phd. If I take admission in PHD program then how it can be benefit to me for getting the PR.

My profile

Msc : 77% ( In progress )
BCA : 61%
+2 : 74%
IELTS : 6.5 Bands ( L: 7.0 , R: 6.0 , W: 6.0 , S: 6.0 )

I decided to take IELTS test again to improve my score. I think getting more bands will benefit to me for study permit approval.

propain

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2013
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you have a great profile bro.

1 key point you would like to keep in mind when you are repeating your IELTS is that if it is just another shot then it is not always your best score that is being reported to the university.

if you are confident then fire the bullet.

your profile is strong all over. good under grad and masters scores.

my suggestion would be to choose MISAM at Concordia University college of alberta.

60 credits program and 3 years work permit is for sure. PR on graduation based on current rule of Alberta.

if this is not your field you could always check University of Alberta or University of Calgary.

They have great programs in IT or Computer Science.

hope this helps.

cheers

propain

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2013
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MISAM is IT Security Audit program which is in high demand across North America.

which visa office you using btw.

navneet10sep

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for suggestion. I liked the program that you refereed , it seems good option for me. My visa office is Chandigarh, India.
I checked that last date for admission application in Concordia is 1 May,2014 for Fall session, But My MSC IT finial exams are going to finish on 9 May and result declares usually after a month ( Mid June ). Can I apply for MISAM with my Three year Bacholer degree in Computer Application or apply for the provisional or conditional offer letter ?

propain said:
MISAM is IT Security Audit program which is in high demand across North America.

which visa office you using btw.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What connection does OP in terms of job history have with IT Security Audit program?

Do you think it will convince VO that OP will come bank to home country after graduation? That he will have job in his home country which I suppose IS NOT in North America? ;)

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
navneet10sep said:
Hello Everyone

I'm so confused here. I've been rejected once from Adv diploma in S/w Eng after Bachelor degree in Sep,2013. Now My Master Degree in Information Technology is going to complete in April,2014 So Now, I don't want to repeat same mistake again by taking admission in lower level program than my currunt qualification which was the reason behind my rejection. So please give me professional advise what to do now to get study permit. PHD doesn't seems feasible for me and If I take admission in Master again in canada that will become subject to the repetition of same level degree again.

How much bands are required to get admission in Master degree or in Phd. If I take admission in PHD program then how it can be benefit to me for getting the PR.

My profile

I decided to take IELTS test again to improve my score. I think getting more bands will benefit to me for study permit approval.
You can do a lot for your PR after going to Canada.
For now, you should be concerned about securing admission and getting your VISA.
First, you must try for PHD. Never give up that I can't do it or I have low grades. You never know what is coming for you in near future. Give it a try.

It is not like that someone can't secure admission if he/she has low grades. Do some homework, contact with the faculty members of the institutes, read their research interests, discuss things with them and hope for the best. If someone among them is willing to accept you as his/her future Masters/PhD student, you are done!

Your IELTS is fine. I am not saying don't retake it. You can retake it if you wish to. There are so many universities who accept 6.5 band and embassy also won't put any question on this score. At least, they didn't in my case.

propain

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2013
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Concordia is quite flexible.

you could write to them for more clarirty.

very efficient response system

Serendipity14

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
navneet10sep said:
Hello Everyone

My profile

Hey,

I have almost a similar profile with exception of IELTS score. As in your case I will be completing MCA (in last semester). Regarding your query about pursuing Masters again, I too was in dilemma earlier but it really comes down to what your want to do. You can go for an altogether different field for Masters and make a career out of it. And as suggested in posts above, you can apply for Concordia, programs like M.E in ISS, M.E in Software Engg, etc are good courses.

This being said, I have offer of admission from Concordia so there are equally good chances for you to get admission there!

All the very best :)