Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
Passport Req..
04-10-2017
Hi,

We are travelling to Toronto from Kochi, India in second half of January 2018. Can you suggest cost effective airlines which people from Kochi normally use?

gurpreet.ts

May 6, 2017
Toronto
Hey - If you want economical and effective, go for Saudi Arabian Airlines, they are decently good with economical fares, slightly longer layover at Jeddah though.

If you can spare a few more bucks and don't mind long flight then go for Air India-Air Canada via New Delhi. Total time taken would be shortest, Air Canada flight is very nice.

Reactions: krazykm

don_simon

Apr 20, 2017
Hello @krazykm , i will be leaving for Toronto from Cochin immediately post Christmas. The flight I have taken is Saudi Airline with a layover of 8 hrs in Riyadh airport. Saudi offered the lowest fare, but as Gurpreet suggested, Air Canada offers the shortest air time. The only downside is that at Delhi IGI, you need to disembark from Cochin-Delhi flight and check in for Delhi-Toronto flight in an hour. I consulted couple of travel agents in Cochin and Trivandrum, and all were of the opinion that 1hr will be a bit rushy. Considering that both me and my wife were going for our first trip, i didn't wanted to push the limit and hence gone with Saudi.
At Riyadh airport though, I wont be able to go outside airport - but, we are planning to use the time to get some sleep. Don't want to miss the view on our maiden international flight. Emirates is also good, but the layover in Dubai will be hectic - as far as a first time traveler is concerned.

Reactions: krazykm

krazykm

Star Member
Dec 1, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
Passport Req..
04-10-2017
Thanks guys for the suggestions!

pulkitkumar190

Jan 28, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hello @krazykm , i will be leaving for Toronto from Cochin immediately post Christmas. The flight I have taken is Saudi Airline with a layover of 8 hrs in Riyadh airport. Saudi offered the lowest fare, but as Gurpreet suggested, Air Canada offers the shortest air time. The only downside is that at Delhi IGI, you need to disembark from Cochin-Delhi flight and check in for Delhi-Toronto flight in an hour. I consulted couple of travel agents in Cochin and Trivandrum, and all were of the opinion that 1hr will be a bit rushy. Considering that both me and my wife were going for our first trip, i didn't wanted to push the limit and hence gone with Saudi.
At Riyadh airport though, I wont be able to go outside airport - but, we are planning to use the time to get some sleep. Don't want to miss the view on our maiden international flight. Emirates is also good, but the layover in Dubai will be hectic - as far as a first time traveler is concerned.
Dude 1st flight would have been domestic and 2nd one international and at New Delhi you would have required 2 hours minimum to change the terminals. you made a good choice of using Saudi