+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

suggest a good lawyer in GTA( Mississauga, Toronto)

aarkay007

Apr 18, 2012
Hi everybody,

I have completed two years and I am eligible thru CEC category. But I have decided to go thru a lawyer. Do you suggest any good lawyer in Mississauga, Toronto area who can do it under say $2000. A lawyer I know said they will take $3000 for my case. Looking for a better deal...

Thanks
RK.

kamaleddin

Star Member
Oct 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2012
AOR Received.
03-05-2012
IELTS Request
Included
Med's Request
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
Med's delivered to Ottawa (Purolator): 24-09-2012
Passport Req..
01-11-2012
LANDED..........
01-12-2012
After spending $240 for one hour appointment with Jacqueline R. Bart, one of the best lawyers in Toronto, I realized that the collective knowledge available in this forum is as good as a lawyer. So I would suggest consider a lawyer if you can't get your questions answered. Start doing the application, gather your questions then book one hour with a lawyer and ask all your questions. One hour is more than enough and you can save couple of thousands dollars.

aarkay007

Apr 18, 2012
kamaleddin said:
After spending $240 for one hour appointment with Jacqueline R. Bart, one of the best lawyers in Toronto, I realized that the collective knowledge available in this forum is as good as a lawyer. So I would suggest consider a lawyer if you can't get your questions answered. Start doing the application, gather your questions then book one hour with a lawyer and ask all your questions. One hour is more than enough and you can save couple of thousands dollars.
Thanks kamaleddin . Whoever I talked to in the last few days said the same thing .. Even with lawyer, we anyhow have to collect all the documents ourselves.

I think, I better follow your suggestion. I will go thru CEC requirements and see if I can handle it myself.

kamaleddin

Star Member
Oct 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2012
AOR Received.
03-05-2012
IELTS Request
Included
Med's Request
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
Med's delivered to Ottawa (Purolator): 24-09-2012
Passport Req..
01-11-2012
LANDED..........
01-12-2012
International Student Services of University of Toronto, Ryerson and York also have immigration workshops during the school year. Most of the times they have good lawyers there that will answer all your questions. Initially I got most of my questions answered in a Ryerson Workshop. The same lawyer charges $200 for one hour consultation at her office. So this might also be a good place to check. Unfortunately they hold these from September - April.

Kamal

aarkay007

Apr 18, 2012
kamaleddin said:
International Student Services of University of Toronto, Ryerson and York also have immigration workshops during the school year. Most of the times they have good lawyers there that will answer all your questions. Initially I got most of my questions answered in a Ryerson Workshop. The same lawyer charges $200 for one hour consultation at her office. So this might also be a good place to check. Unfortunately they hold these from September - April.

Kamal
Thanks Kamal. I will spend some time to see what actually needs to be done. I just gave a glance and looks like we need to do most of stuff anyhow..
thanks for your inputs. My lawyer search is on hold :--0