+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sufficient Proof of Language

dh101

Feb 2, 2018
Hello,

My wife will be applying for her citizenship shortly. She is from the Philippines. She took a 2 year nursing assistant degree in the Philippines. We have her transcripts, certificates, and diploma. All of it is in English. Her degree was all in English.
The only problem I can see is that it doesn't explicitly state that the language of instruction was English. Even though the whole diploma is English, and all the courses are shown in English, transcripts in English, etc.

My wife is also accepted to community college for practical nursing starting this September.

Should this be sufficient as proof for English or do you think it will be rejected?

The info on the CIC website doesn't really say that it has to explicitly say that the course is English as language of instruction. All it says is
"
  • A degree, diploma, certificate or official transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program showing you studied in English or French, in Canada or abroad.
"
So is the fact that the diploma/course name is in English enough?

She is 100% proficient in English, but I don't want to spend 200$ and time and travel to go get a stupid language test for no reason.

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Hello,

My wife will be applying for her citizenship shortly. She is from the Philippines. She took a 2 year nursing assistant degree in the Philippines. We have her transcripts, certificates, and diploma. All of it is in English. Her degree was all in English.
The only problem I can see is that it doesn't explicitly state that the language of instruction was English. Even though the whole diploma is English, and all the courses are shown in English, transcripts in English, etc.

My wife is also accepted to community college for practical nursing starting this September.

Should this be sufficient as proof for English or do you think it will be rejected?

The info on the CIC website doesn't really say that it has to explicitly say that the course is English as language of instruction. All it says is
"
  • A degree, diploma, certificate or official transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program showing you studied in English or French, in Canada or abroad.
"
So is the fact that the diploma/course name is in English enough?

She is 100% proficient in English, but I don't want to spend 200$ and time and travel to go get a stupid language test for no reason.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=574&top=5
Google for the nearest center. Its totally free .