+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sue College

Phucnguyen

May 3, 2020
Hello everyone,
I am currently an international in Winnipeg, MB Canada. My case is different in this forum but I need some helps.
My school is MITT ( Manitoba Institute of Trades and Technology) is such a terrible school that just need the money and they dont care anything else.
It happened with me last year 2019, I was sick and was not able to go to class for one day on the exam day. I send my teacher an email to notify him too. But when I came back, the teacher denied and told me I didnt send anything. I screenshot my email I sent him but there was no reply from the teacher as well as the school because they made a decision that I fail a course already.
It did not stop at that, they asked me to pay another 10,000 CAD after failing one course in order to enroll a program after I just pay and was in the program in one-month ( 17,000 CAD). As an international student, i did not want to suspend my study so I had to. But in the school policy. there is no such thing mention that. In addition, I contact to other students who also failed but they told me they only need to pay for the course they failed only 2000-3000 CAD.
I feel the school is really bad as they dont provide a good service with that money and try to take more from students. This rumor has been spread over students here in Winnipeg as do not go to this school.
I tried to appeal and contact the school but they never rerply. Should I sue the school?

• Sad
Reactions: Capricorn11

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
@tapperb may be you can help this person.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
If you sue and win, at best you win all the money you were defrauded (if you were) plus your legal fees. At worst, you spend alot of money for legal fees that you won't get back. Also, lawsuits can take a long time? Can you afford that, are you in a state where you are willing to not receive any services from the college in the future? E.g. transcripts, letters, pgwp. What is the 17000$ for? We need the whole story

Reactions: scylla

Phucnguyen

May 3, 2020
If you sue and win, at best you win all the money you were defrauded (if you were) plus your legal fees. At worst, you spend alot of money for legal fees that you won't get back. Also, lawsuits can take a long time? Can you afford that, are you in a state where you are willing to not receive any services from the college in the future? E.g. transcripts, letters, pgwp. What is the 17000$ for? We need the whole story
The 17,000 CAD is a tuition fee for courses in the program. I know suing would take a lot of money but I have all of the evidences and it is worth to claim. Many other international students are in the same situation but they dont know what to do and dont speak up. It is nor fair you know, we pay so much money and they treat us like that.
Imagine. just paying 17,000 cad in tuition fee, one month later, they try to fail you and ask to pay 10,000 CAD. if you cant afford it, they dont care and students are out of school.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Well, did you deserve to fail? What does the academic handbook or syllabus say regarding not showing up to classes? In most cases you need to inform well in advance that you are not able to attend the exam. If you are seriously consulting suing then I would set up a consultation meeting with a lawyer and see what they say