+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Successfully restored my status - 150 days almost over - Fall semester - I need Help!

temp11

Feb 18, 2020
Hello everyone,

I have successfully restored my study permit after it expired in January during my last winter semester in my bachelors program. I have been full-time student everyseester since I started my degree. Unfortunately, 3 of the main courses I need to graduate can't be taken in any semester except the winter 2021 and I planned to take the remaining 2 courses during the fall 2020 semester. My program is on a scheduled break during the summer as classes or teachers aren't available and resume in the Fall.

I just learned about the CIC rule where one can only not study for 150 days so I tried to change my status to visitor as I won't be going to school doing summer. However to apply for my visitor visa, I need an enrolment letter for Fall but because school hasn't started registration for the fall semester yet, they aren't letting me enrol to get the letter and It is freaking me out.

1. What do you guys suggest I do? I know my case is a tad bit complicated.
2. If my program is on a scheduled break during summer, do I need to change my status to visitor for the summer because I hadn't studied for 150 days?
3. Can I work full-time during summer if I don't have schoool?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited: