+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Successful rechecking

kamil2990

Jan 2, 2019
I gave the test with IDP on 15th Dec, got the result on 29th December with below score
L - 8.5
R - 8.5
S - 8
W - 6.5

Applied for rechecking of writing section, my documents reached to them at 9th Jan and I got the result on 31st Jan. The writing section was changed from 6.5 to 7.0

Thank you who motivated for rechecking and Good luck to others who are on the same boat!

Reactions: sweethoney

Hannan Khan

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
I gave the test with IDP on 15th Dec, got the result on 29th December with below score
L - 8.5
R - 8.5
S - 8
W - 6.5

Applied for rechecking of writing section, my documents reached to them at 9th Jan and I got the result on 31st Jan. The writing section was changed from 6.5 to 7.0

Thank you who motivated for rechecking and Good luck to others who are on the same boat!
Buddy, congrats! Can you please specify the country you gave the exam in?

jantik

Feb 1, 2019
L - 8.5
R - 8.5
S - 8
W - 6.5

Hi,
There is no point of rechecking your results. According to IELTS rules if you have a difference of 2 points between sections (and you do from 6.5 in writing to 8.5 in reading) your results are double checked to exclude mistakes in grading. I had the same situation and my results was not changed, although you can try rechecking. But you better spend the money to register for new ielts, rather than spending it on rechecking, since your money will not be returned if your results stay the same after rechecking. Try a service of essay correction which is provided by current or ex-IELTS examiners. The difference between 6,5 and 7 band essay is a huge work for you.

sweethoney

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
L - 8.5
R - 8.5
S - 8
W - 6.5

Did you got your new report card as well?

kamil2990

Jan 2, 2019
Hi,
There is no point of rechecking your results. According to IELTS rules if you have a difference of 2 points between sections (and you do from 6.5 in writing to 8.5 in reading) your results are double checked to exclude mistakes in grading. I had the same situation and my results was not changed, although you can try rechecking. But you better spend the money to register for new ielts, rather than spending it on rechecking, since your money will not be returned if your results stay the same after rechecking. Try a service of essay correction which is provided by current or ex-IELTS examiners. The difference between 6,5 and 7 band essay is a huge work for you.
I would highly recommend you to improve your reading skills!!!