+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Successful interview.

jaundice_p

Jul 30, 2008
I recently went for my interview at the CIC accra ghana office.(PR-spouse sponsorship)
The immigration officer was so straight forward with the questions she asked me...she didnt in anyway try to con or manipulate me and at the end she told me that she has accepted my marriage as genuine and that I need re-do my medicals which had expired and criminal record check with RCMP(because I had lived and studied in Canada for over 2 years).
She said that immediately the medical and criminal check gets to her that she will issue me the visa.
My only concern now is that it takes atleast 120days to get the RCMP criminal record check done.(I'm currently outside of canada).
I want to thanks everyone especially the people that posted past interview questions that help me prepare for the interview.
I wish everyone God and good speed with their application.

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Congratulation jaundice_p ,
If you don't mind, can you post the questions that you have been asked, so everyone preparing for an interview will take info from the question, even that each case is different from other.
120 day for a criminal record...God , don't be made, in lebanon, it took me less than 20 minute, because there was 2 people infront of me

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
yes, please do post the link to the possible interview questions - we'd appreciate it a lot

congratulations!

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
Congrats jandice_p! That is great news! I'm not sure about the RCMP criminal record but I did read from one of the Hero Members once about the process and maybe they can help you.. There must be a faster way to obtain it! :)

jaundice_p

Jul 30, 2008
Here are the questions I can remember:

They were all questions related to our own application. She asked questions like, where I studied, what I studied in Canada and what kind of job I will be able to do in Canada. She asked me about how we met each other and got married. At this point I realized she wanted me to elaborate and kind of tell her the story of how we got married, without her leading me with questions. So, for a few minutes I explained it to her uninterrupted. Also, if there are any special circumstances to your case, for example, if your spouse was married before or, have children, you should know all the details of those circumstances. She also asked me where my wife went to university and the year that she graduated. She also asked me some details about my wife's current place of employment. The interview took only 20 minutes. Which at the end, she said she believed we were genuine and said, once she recieved the criminal record check etc. she would issue the visa.

Also, just as a hint. We provided ALOT of documents to substantiate our relationship. When I arrived at the embassy for the interview, there were others waiting for their interview. They provided their additional documents in envelopes, and out of their pockets etc. We had taken the time to carefully present all of our documents in folders. We labeled, all pictures, all evidence with dates and information. I think this really had an impact on the interview. When we were allowed into the embassy they took all of our information, I just assume that having everything put together in a nice neat package, shows you are really serious about your application.

Here are some of the things we presented as evidence in our folders:
*emails and messages on Facebook, where ANYONE had mentioned either of us being together, being a couple, etc. I highlighted our names on the message, so they wouldn't have to search through the email.
*Old emails we had sent to each other when dating/ letters cards to each other etc.
*Cards/ Letters from any friends and family we recieved
*Money transfer forms from both of our accounts to each other.
*Pictures of not only the two of us together, but in numerous locations and with different groups of people. Ideally, anything we did together, there were pictures for. I felt the more people they could see us with, the more genuine we appeared.
*I provided a copy of our apartment, phone bills etc. just to show proof that I have this information as we are currently living together.
*I didn't get a letter from our Pastor, but I think that would be a good thing to obtain if you can.
*We also wrote a detailed letter/statement of our relationship and some of the reasons sorrounding our marriage. ie. it was in a courthouse, very last minute, and her parents didn't attend. I wanted to make sure they understood why. SO, we wrote it in a statement.
*Also, we have been planning a destination wedding ( this one for family and friends) and consulted a planner online. She sent us some info via email. I included those correspondences in the folder.

Hope this helps!

clubbah

Apr 3, 2009
Wow, it seems that you included a very thorough package with lots of supporting evidence. I wonder why they felt compelled to call you for an interview.

Congrats on almost completing your sponsorship process, by the way! :)

J

jdwhite21

Congratulations!!! You have provided a lot of good ideas for us to include as our evidence.

smart_saqib143

Nov 21, 2008
congrats jaundice_p, wish you all the best for your future, as the info you provided about interview and document evidences, that is very helpful for others to understand, but i had the same situation i provided the same evidences and there were no even a single thing which i missed in interview or where i was unable to answer i did everything at last in the interview she asked some young guys like you want to go abroad and they marry like this, i said i am not in those guys i didn't marry for this, and then final question when she didn't find anything else she said your wife's second marriage and its your first married your wife has children from previous marriage and its your marriage after saying this she ended the interview, it was surprise for me the end it was sudden and not expected and this reason not always true so many people married divorced women there no any hard and fast rules, anyways you should enjoy your victory.

dentistusa

Star Member
Apr 9, 2009
CONGRATULATIONS,

Can you please tell us how long did it take from your filing till they called you for interview?

and when the interview was after the call?

Thanks

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
jaundice_p said:
[snip]
Also, just as a hint. We provided ALOT of documents to substantiate our relationship. When I arrived at the embassy for the interview, there were others waiting for their interview. They provided their additional documents in envelopes, and out of their pockets etc. We had taken the time to carefully present all of our documents in folders. We labeled, all pictures, all evidence with dates and information. I think this really had an impact on the interview. When we were allowed into the embassy they took all of our information, I just assume that having everything put together in a nice neat package, shows you are really serious about your application.

*emails and messages on Facebook, where ANYONE had mentioned either of us being together, being a couple, etc. I highlighted our names on the message, so they wouldn't have to search through the email.
*Old emails we had sent to each other when dating/ letters cards to each other etc.
*Pictures of not only the two of us together, but in numerous locations and with different groups of people. Ideally, anything we did together, there were pictures for. I felt the more people they could see us with, the more genuine we appeared.
*I provided a copy of our apartment, phone bills etc. just to show proof that I have this information as we are currently living together.
*I didn't get a letter from our Pastor, but I think that would be a good thing to obtain if you can.
*We also wrote a detailed letter/statement of our relationship and some of the reasons sorrounding our marriage. ie. it was in a courthouse, very last minute, and her parents didn't attend. I wanted to make sure they understood why. SO, we wrote it in a statement.
*Also, we have been planning a destination wedding ( this one for family and friends) and consulted a planner online. She sent us some info via email. I included those correspondences in the folder.

Hope this helps!
First of all Congratulations JP!!! Wishing you all the best !!!!

I want to add that this type and the extent of the 'documented evidence' shown at this interview, is the type and quantity of information my husband and I presented in our INITIAL application - and it may well circumvent an interview. It's so vital to paint a very clear picture to the I/O - the less questions they have, the better. In addiition, even after submitting your application, continue to collect these types of information - in the event you need them in the future!

I say this to say to those who are JUST completing their applications, to think ahead and provide this early on...and it may well speed up their application. Looking at the experience of others, can give some very vital pre-emptive steps that may avoid major hassles and delays. Best of luck to everyone though, and so happy to see yet another happy couple through the system :).

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Here are the questions I can remember:

They were all questions related to our own application. She asked questions like, where I studied, what I studied in Canada and what kind of job I will be able to do in Canada. She asked me about how we met each other and got married. At this point I realized she wanted me to elaborate and kind of tell her the story of how we got married, without her leading me with questions. So, for a few minutes I explained it to her uninterrupted. Also, if there are any special circumstances to your case, for example, if your spouse was married before or, have children, you should know all the details of those circumstances. She also asked me where my wife went to university and the year that she graduated. She also asked me some details about my wife's current place of employment. The interview took only 20 minutes. Which at the end, she said she believed we were genuine and said, once she recieved the criminal record check etc. she would issue the visa.

Hope this helps!
@Haussem Hoo