+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

(Success) Flagpole Experience PGWP: Peace Bridge (Fort Erie), Rainbow Bridge

thevedicdev

Oct 31, 2022
Hi there sharing flag poling experience for my wife at Peace Bridge, we went there at 7AM my wife started crossing the bridge was at US customs by 7:20, finished in 10 minutes, came back slowly to be at the office by 8AM. Unfortunately her work permit was refused, she already has one, I myself got the PGWP extension, did not want to apply online because of the processing times, my wife could be let without a permit and lose her job. However she was refused, they do not extend it at Peace Bridge. Take care and good luck!
Hi, Please help. I have a quick question for you.

After you got your PGWP, did it reflect on your "G C Key" or "CIC account" ?

Do we have to link it?

ChrisCan

Star Member
Mar 15, 2021
Its a bit more complicated I visited Canada multiple times in the past so I had TRV, one day i just received an email from IRCC telling me your app is approved i went on my gc account and there was my new work permit

pp2289

Sep 20, 2022
Hello!
1) no - the spouse will be given a permit, only if you applied online, received approval and you urgently need a paper permit, then you can pick it up at the border.
SOWP is given at the border only to citizens who have visa-free entry to Canada!
2) you can go anywhere nearby.
3) peace bridge
4) this is a mandatory document for the package of documents the spouse
5) if nothing has changed, it's Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday. Peace Bridge. When I was at Niagara in June they turned me down
Hi there,

I am currently on my study permit (Dec 2021- Dec 2023), got married in June 2022 who is a Canadian citizen by birth.
I am planning to apply for inland spousal PR and OWP and have few questions
1) is it possible for me to discontinue my studies and get SOWP and start studying back once I am a PR (lesser tuition fee as a PR)
2) Can I flag pole (apply for SOWP at the border) as my husband is citizen?

Thank you

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi there,

I am currently on my study permit (Dec 2021- Dec 2023), got married in June 2022 who is a Canadian citizen by birth.
I am planning to apply for inland spousal PR and OWP and have few questions
1) is it possible for me to discontinue my studies and get SOWP and start studying back once I am a PR (lesser tuition fee as a PR)
2) Can I flag pole (apply for SOWP at the border) as my husband is citizen?

Thank you
You can apply to be sponsored by your spouse. If you submit an inland application, you can submit OWP after AOR of the sponsorship application. (not sure about current timeline when you will received it)

This OWP (normally not referred as SOWP as SOWPs are for spouse of foreign workers or students) cannot be obtained via flagpoling. Some people get the OWP at a pretty late state of the application (couple of months before they received eCOPR)

Pausing and restarting study at the same school is up to the school. You should discuss it with them.

pp2289

Sep 20, 2022
You can apply to be sponsored by your spouse. If you submit an inland application, you can submit OWP after AOR of the sponsorship application. (not sure about current timeline when you will received it)

This OWP (normally not referred as SOWP as SOWPs are for spouse of foreign workers or students) cannot be obtained via flagpoling. Some people get the OWP at a pretty late state of the application (couple of months before they received eCOPR)

Pausing and restarting study at the same school is up to the school. You should discuss it with them.
Thank you so much for the information, this helps.
Anyone who can provide a timeline for the AOR & OWP?

hcueva10

Feb 10, 2019
Hi there sharing flag poling experience for my wife at Peace Bridge, we went there at 7AM my wife started crossing the bridge was at US customs by 7:20, finished in 10 minutes, came back slowly to be at the office by 8AM. Unfortunately her work permit was refused, she already has one, I myself got the PGWP extension, did not want to apply online because of the processing times, my wife could be let without a permit and lose her job. However she was refused, they do not extend it at Peace Bridge. Take care and good luck!
Hi. So you mean that they refused to process the SOWP extensions at Peace Bridge?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Utakogirl2013

Nov 14, 2013
On a visitor visa in Canada got my study permit approval so going to peace bridge, does anyone know if they do study permits? as everyone here is about PGWP

sudubey

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
I am on ICT WP, my spouse entered on Visitor Visa (now Visitor Card), applied for her OWP online two months ago. As its taking endless time and due to strike, no hope to get it soon either. We are thinking of FlagPole in Ontario. Is it ok?

prospectiveab

Star Member
Jul 19, 2020
My permit was cancelled as I asked for a reprint, I found the permit after I filed the reprint request and now I lost the reprint in the mail and I have an invalid PGWP on hand.

I also have a valid TRV (visitor visa) on my passport.

Can I flagpole to get the PGWP extension? I was issued a permit for 10/36 months because of an expiring passport.

KimD13

Aug 8, 2023
Hi. I plan to apply PGWP by flagpoling on Port Erie.
I have a valid TRV but my study permit going to be expired(on 19/Aug)
My Transcript and letter of graduation going to come out on 25/Aug. If it's fast.
When I check CIC website, in this case, it said I need to restoration student status which cost way more and I need to wait until to get a valid student permit(I have no idea why I need this permit in order to apply PGWP, my school is going to be done and I am not gonna going back to school anymore).
But the thing is I would like to work as soon as possible, plus I have a job offer right now.

But then I saw If I do flagpole, I can get the PGWP right on the border.
Do you guys think that officer could give me a valid PGWP without asking me a study permit, so that I could start work right after?
Or restore my status the only option?