+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

(Success) Flagpole Experience PGWP: Peace Bridge (Fort Erie), Rainbow Bridge

shankarbala

Oct 28, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I need advice on flag-ploing. Please help and don't mind me listing all the questions. Thought it would be better to seek answers once for all. :)

I'm from India and on a CWP here in Toronto since 25 days.

1) Can my spouse who is in USA on tourist VISA & has Canada tourist visa traveling from USA to Canada get SOWP at Niagara(Peace Bridge) by flag-poling?

2) Heard people living in Toronto have to go to Niagara (only) for flag-poling and not Vancouver is this true?

3) Which is the best/easiest place to get the process completed considering I'm in Toronto?

4) I'm new in Toronto on closed work permit and don't have 3 pay stubs from my employer yet to attach as additional documents for my wife to provide while flag-poling. So is it necessary that my spouse has to show 3 of my pay stubs to get an SOWP by flag-poling?

5) Is anyone aware of the best timings and days to go through flag-poling at Niagara?

ChrisCan

Star Member
Mar 15, 2021
Hi there sharing flag poling experience for my wife at Peace Bridge, we went there at 7AM my wife started crossing the bridge was at US customs by 7:20, finished in 10 minutes, came back slowly to be at the office by 8AM. Unfortunately her work permit was refused, she already has one, I myself got the PGWP extension, did not want to apply online because of the processing times, my wife could be let without a permit and lose her job. However she was refused, they do not extend it at Peace Bridge. Take care and good luck!

Clive Standen

Jun 2, 2022
Hi there sharing flag poling experience for my wife at Peace Bridge, we went there at 7AM my wife started crossing the bridge was at US customs by 7:20, finished in 10 minutes, came back slowly to be at the office by 8AM. Unfortunately her work permit was refused, she already has one, I myself got the PGWP extension, did not want to apply online because of the processing times, my wife could be let without a permit and lose her job. However she was refused, they do not extend it at Peace Bridge. Take care and good luck!
Thanks for the info! It is very unfortunate that this happened. WP renewal now takes 167 days online. But after the submission for a work permit, your wife can continue to work!!!

Clive Standen

Jun 2, 2022
Hello Everyone,

I need advice on flag-ploing. Please help and don't mind me listing all the questions. Thought it would be better to seek answers once for all. :)

I'm from India and on a CWP here in Toronto since 25 days.

1) Can my spouse who is in USA on tourist VISA & has Canada tourist visa traveling from USA to Canada get SOWP at Niagara(Peace Bridge) by flag-poling?

2) Heard people living in Toronto have to go to Niagara (only) for flag-poling and not Vancouver is this true?

3) Which is the best/easiest place to get the process completed considering I'm in Toronto?

4) I'm new in Toronto on closed work permit and don't have 3 pay stubs from my employer yet to attach as additional documents for my wife to provide while flag-poling. So is it necessary that my spouse has to show 3 of my pay stubs to get an SOWP by flag-poling?

5) Is anyone aware of the best timings and days to go through flag-poling at Niagara?
Hello!
1) no - the spouse will be given a permit, only if you applied online, received approval and you urgently need a paper permit, then you can pick it up at the border.
SOWP is given at the border only to citizens who have visa-free entry to Canada!
2) you can go anywhere nearby.
3) peace bridge
4) this is a mandatory document for the package of documents the spouse
5) if nothing has changed, it's Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday. Peace Bridge. When I was at Niagara in June they turned me down

shankarbala

Oct 28, 2021
Tha
Hello!
1) no - the spouse will be given a permit, only if you applied online, received approval and you urgently need a paper permit, then you can pick it up at the border.
SOWP is given at the border only to citizens who have visa-free entry to Canada!
2) you can go anywhere nearby.
3) peace bridge
4) this is a mandatory document for the package of documents the spouse
5) if nothing has changed, it's Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday. Peace Bridge. When I was at Niagara in June they turned me down
Thank you so much. Can my wife start working after she applies for SOWP or should she wait until she gets the approval. Which takes 167 days? Please let me know. Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Tha

Thank you so much. Can my wife start working after she applies for SOWP or should she wait until she gets the approval. Which takes 167 days? Please let me know. Thanks
She needs to wait for approval.

Lamzo98

Oct 27, 2022
Did anyone know if I can go for flagpoling after my study permit and TRV all expired? I have applied online since June 27th and it’s gonna take for another month and half before I get a response according to the actual processing time. Work permit and visa all expires on September 24th. My job require me to have A work permit. What you guys think about this? Is it a good idea to flagpole right now?

thevedicdev

Oct 31, 2022
Hi Everyone,

I just got to know that we can obtain our PGWP through flag polling. I have a quick question!

• I have applied online for my PGWP, as I know they are taking a lot of time.
  • Also, I still have at least one month time to apply for my PGWP as I graduated two months ago.
  • IS IT NECESSARY TO APPLY ONLINE, BEFORE GOING FOR FLAG POLLING?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Did anyone know if I can go for flagpoling after my study permit and TRV all expired? I have applied online since June 27th and it’s gonna take for another month and half before I get a response according to the actual processing time. Work permit and visa all expires on September 24th. My job require me to have A work permit. What you guys think about this? Is it a good idea to flagpole right now?
You are legally able to work while you wait for PGWP approval.

thevedicdev

Oct 31, 2022
You can try but there are no guarantees that you’ll be able to the flagpole.
Thanks for the response. I still have time to apply for PGWP and I haven't applied online because the current time is too much.

Is there any think that I should be concerned about?

thevedicdev

Oct 31, 2022
I went to the border here in BC this morning and got my PGWP in less than 30 mins! Very similar experience with the this post, except that I didn't go to another border crossing since I was lucky enough to be successful with my first try :)

Also got my wife's OWP extended already and my son's visitor record as well.
Did you apply before your PGWP online?