Visa Office......
Calgary, Montreal
Med's Request
09-05-2023
Med's Done....
10-05-2023
LANDED..........
08-06-2023
When we receive our Work permit then we need to apply for TRV again?
Yes, when you receive your work permit, and if you're planning to leave the country and come back, for example to go to your home country to visit your family, to be allowed to board the plane back to Canada you need a valid TRV (The one that goes on the passport), the work permit alone is not enough for you to be allowed back to Canada. Read through the link I shared before and follow step by step, it tells you what form and what type of application you should select :)

Sivajobs

Jun 13, 2022
Yes, when you receive your work permit, and if you're planning to leave the country and come back, for example to go to your home country to visit your family, to be allowed to board the plane back to Canada you need a valid TRV (The one that goes on the passport), the work permit alone is not enough for you to be allowed back to Canada. Read through the link I shared before and follow step by step, it tells you what form and what type of application you should select :)
Hi Nick, I have a valid study permit and also bridge visa, but my stamping or TRV on passport expired, I am in Canada with a full time job.. can I go to border for PGWP, will I be allowed back into Canada? Thanks in Advance

Braykhna Khan

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
Do I need to apply for a visitor visa through the link?

nickgrizzly

Star Member
May 16, 2022
BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Calgary, Montreal
Med's Request
09-05-2023
Med's Done....
10-05-2023
LANDED..........
08-06-2023
Hi Nick, I have a valid study permit and also bridge visa, but my stamping or TRV on passport expired, I am in Canada with a full time job.. can I go to border for PGWP, will I be allowed back into Canada? Thanks in Advance
Hey, as far as I know you cannot do it without a valid TRV. Sorry!

Reactions: Clive Standen

ankur_113

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Hi,
Can we go at the border for PGWP if TRV stamp on passport is expired on 31st March 2022? I still have valid study permit which is expiring on 31st July, 2022
But the only concern I have is about passport. Can they deny entry at border if I have expired date on passport?

Clive Standen

Jun 2, 2022
Hi,
Can we go at the border for PGWP if TRV stamp on passport is expired on 31st March 2022? I still have valid study permit which is expiring on 31st July, 2022
But the only concern I have is about passport. Can they deny entry at border if I have expired date on passport?
Better not risk it...:confused:

Braykhna Khan

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
Hello guys,

My TRV just came in and can someone please tell me if they have received it as well? I dont know mine looks weird, like the stamp. It does not anything regarding multiple entry or single entry. I am scared to leave Canada and coming back then.

Braykhna Khan

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
Hi,
yes you can. It wont be an issue as I was on implied status and still got my work permit through the peach arch border and also did flagpolling

RutujaSawant

Jul 7, 2022
Hi everyone, I just wanted to add onto the compendium of anecdotes on here for flagpoling so that it helps others looking to flagpole in the future.

I left early around 5 AM to get to the Rainbow Bridge border and got there around 7:30 AM. I went inside the office and told the officer that I was there for flagpoling, and they said they weren't accepting flagpole applications that day. There was no one else there, so I'm not sure why they didn't let me flagpole (they said that they had other higher priority applications, whatever that means). Would not recommend going there because the officers there seemed like they didn't even want to interact with me (though I might be biased because they didn't let me flagpole).

After this, I decided to try my luck at the Peace Bridge border (Fort Erie). I got there by car, but I decided to complete the flagpoling process by walking. It took me a long time to figure out where to go because I was walking and got some wrong directions, so I got to the bridge around 11 AM. After that, I crossed and got to the US border to get my flagpole notice. The officer there took my passport and fingerprints and asked me a few questions about where I live, what my current status is, if I had ever been in the US etc. He then gave me a piece of paper that had my information on it and had "FLAGPOLE" written in the middle.

After this, I headed back to the Canadian side where the officer asked for my ID and why I was there. I gave them my passport, study permit, and flagpole notice. They then gave me a slip and redirected me to the immigration office or whatever it's called. I walked to the office and handed one of the officers the slip I got earlier, my passport, and the flagpole notice. Later they called me and asked me for all the documents for the PGWP application. After they were done looking over them, they called me again, took my biometrics, and asked me to pay. After payment, I received my work permit. It really only took around 20 or so minutes to get my work permit from when I submitted my documents. The main bottleneck is travelling. The officer who processed my application was really chill (was joking around while he was taking my biometrics lol) so I would recommend this location (assuming you get a similar officer).

I was in a situation where I had actually overstayed my welcome here in Canada. My last semester was Fall 2021 but my graduation got delayed to May so I stayed in Canada for the entire Winter 2022 semester without actually being a student (pretty sure that violates my study permit conditions). That's the main reason I decided to flagpole. I had an explanation letter prepared but they never asked me anything about my Winter 2022 status so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tl;dr I would recommend flagpoling if you have extenuating circumstances and aren't sure if you followed all the requirements to be eligible. Personally, I don't think it's worth the effort to go all the way to the border unless your job requires you to have a physical work permit before you start or something.
Thanks for such a good guiding post I am stressed out about getting my PGWP done through flagpoling ... All the agents I talked to suggested me not to do it I don't know why so....

Braykhna Khan

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
Hello guys,

I am leaving Canada tomorrow and will return in 4 weeks. What do they ask in the immigration office after arriving back in Canada?

- Work permit that is all?

mat924

Jul 15, 2022
Hey guys, I have a job offer nocA and I need to get my pgwp immediately. I am in Montreal. Which service point do you suggest me to go?

Also, I should extend my wife's OWP. Can I do it in parallel? Should I have a job for my wife to extend her permit? If yes, can I provide offer letter instead (as I have not started my job yet)?

DesiPikachu

Jan 13, 2021
Thanks for such a good guiding post I am stressed out about getting my PGWP done through flagpoling ... All the agents I talked to suggested me not to do it I don't know why so....
Whenever you hear something from an agent or a consultant always ask them a followup question of Why. Why do they think so.

Reactions: Clive Standen

JohnSmith123

Star Member
Jun 15, 2022
You must have a valid visa! Otherwise, you will not be allowed back to Canada!!! You exit through the Canadian border, approaching the US border, but do not enter, because you do not have a US visa! the US officer gives you a "flagpole" and marks you in the system. Then you return to Canada and give the Canadian border officer all documents, including a passport with a valid visa
I don't think you need a valid TRV, based on the related regulation for study permit and the related regulation for work permit and a more general explanation

Reactions: DesiPikachu

JohnSmith123

Star Member
Jun 15, 2022
I mean, it looks like it is essential to someone who has their TRV expired, including me, so I would like to have the more official stuff posted here, here is the link
I heard suggestions to print this page out and having the division 5 - 190 - 3 - f highlighted
I also asked my agent, he said it is absolutely legitimate to do so.
GL

Reactions: DesiPikachu