+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

(Success) Flagpole Experience PGWP: Peace Bridge (Fort Erie), Rainbow Bridge

Sivajobs

Jun 13, 2022
Congrats on you PGWP's and mine is some sort of similar situation. my stamping expired in April 2022, but I had a extension of study permit and have a valid job offer. Is that is advisable to go to windsor for flagpoling?

Sivajobs

Jun 13, 2022
Yesterday I arrived at the Peace Bridge at 8:20, and crossed the bridge as a pedestrian. Arriving at the US border, I reported to the border officer that my goal was the flagpole. He only had one question, why am I doing this, I said that I want to change my status in Canada. I gave him my passport, he took a picture of my face and after a while gave me a flagpole. At 9:20 I gave my passport to the Canadian border officers and also told them that I needed the PGWP. At 9:30 I was in the main waiting room. There were a lot of people there and the officer called me only at 10:50. I gave him my documents from my college, made the payment and at 11:20 my PWGP was ready!!! I also want to say that everyone was very polite and friendly.

are you on implied status or have valid visa? my situation is that I have valid study permit but stamping on my passport is expired. So just curious to know if I can go to border..

Sivajobs

Jun 13, 2022
Hi, I went on a Thursday. I would recommend calling the border crossing you're planning to flagpole at to check what days/hours are open for flagpoling. Also, I recommend confirming with them again right before you head for the border so you don't waste time going from one border crossing to the other.
As for whether it's a good idea to flagpole for a PGWP, like I said in my first post, if you're fine with spending the time travelling to the border, then go for it. It's a far better choice than the online application in terms of processing time.
Lastly, the TRV. You can't apply for it at a port of entry afaik. You'll have to complete the online application and mail your passport to get it. If you're talking about a TRP instead of a TRV (I assumed it was a typo), then I'm not too sure.

can we claim PGWP without a valid TRV(have valid study permit but stamping on passport expired)

Sivajobs

Jun 13, 2022
Hmm, it seems they only have the general CBSA number posted online (1-800-461-9999). My bad, for some reason, I thought they had a phone number in the Contact Us section here but it's just the mailing address for each border crossing. I would just call the general CBSA number I mentioned earlier and ask them for the flagpoling hours for Peace Bridge or just ask them to redirect your call to the Peace Bridge office.

You're eligible to flagpole since you have a TRV and have a valid status (implied status). As for the documents you need to flagpole, just go through the previous posts in this thread. The only difference is that: in your case, since you're on implied status, you would need documents to prove that you're on implied status. This link mentions that you would need: (a) Acknowledgement of Receipt of your PGWP application (b) Receipt of payment. Other than that, the PGWP documents requirement is the exact same for all of us.
my TRV on passport has expired but have a valid study permit till july end and applied PGWP online, is it advisable to go to border without valid stamping?

Mar 14, 2022
my TRV on passport has expired but have a valid study permit till july end and applied PGWP online, is it advisable to go to border without valid stamping?
You cannot re-enter Canada unless you have a valid visa, so you should apply for a TRV first. Once you acquire the TRV, you can flagpole. If your study permit hasn't expired by the time you get a TRV, you can use that for flagpoling. Otherwise, you'll have to use your implied status documents to flagpole, like @Braykhna Khan above.

Braykhna Khan

Jun 18, 2019
My visa on my passport got expired long ago like in 2021 November but I got a TRV afterwards. So that is fine, right? They never ask for a passport once they send you an extension or anything. So basically the document is the only thing you. So that works, right?

Braykhna Khan

Jun 18, 2019
I went to the border here in BC this morning and got my PGWP in less than 30 mins! Very similar experience with the this post, except that I didn't go to another border crossing since I was lucky enough to be successful with my first try :)

Also got my wife's OWP extended already and my son's visitor record as well.
Hello, did you have a valid TRV and also did you flagpole? How does it work it? Do they check your documents and take u in a office?

Clive Standen

Jun 2, 2022
Hello, did you have a valid TRV and also did you flagpole? How does it work it? Do they check your documents and take u in a office?
You must have a valid visa! Otherwise, you will not be allowed back to Canada!!! You exit through the Canadian border, approaching the US border, but do not enter, because you do not have a US visa! the US officer gives you a "flagpole" and marks you in the system. Then you return to Canada and give the Canadian border officer all documents, including a passport with a valid visa

Sivajobs

Jun 13, 2022
You must have a valid visa! Otherwise, you will not be allowed back to Canada!!! You exit through the Canadian border, approaching the US border, but do not enter, because you do not have a US visa! the US officer gives you a "flagpole" and marks you in the system. Then you return to Canada and give the Canadian border officer all documents, including a passport with a valid visa
I have a valid study visa till July 31st, but on passport TRV(stamping) is expired on April 30th, I have filed my work permit online and I have bridge status too... will this be risky?