+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

substitute to government-issued document from Canada

CEML

Aug 10, 2022
Hello everyone. We applied for our inland spousal sponsorship but since my wife is on maintained visitor status, there is still no way for her to get a government-issued document here in Canada. The requirement re living together specifically says: "government-issued document showing the same address". What we were able to provide are as follows:
(a) The police clearance certificate issued from her home country has our conjugal address; and
(b) A police check certificate from Australia (she studied there for almost 2 years) which was addressed to her and me to our conjugal address.
We also included the same details in a letter of explanation we appended to our application. Any related thoughts? Thanks and have a great day.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
If you can't get one, you can't get one. Explain why and supplement with other eg commercial info showing address.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone. We applied for our inland spousal sponsorship but since my wife is on maintained visitor status, there is still no way for her to get a government-issued document here in Canada. The requirement re living together specifically says: "government-issued document showing the same address". What we were able to provide are as follows:
(a) The police clearance certificate issued from her home country has our conjugal address; and
(b) A police check certificate from Australia (she studied there for almost 2 years) which was addressed to her and me to our conjugal address.
We also included the same details in a letter of explanation we appended to our application. Any related thoughts? Thanks and have a great day.
What do you mean by "our conjugal address"?