+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Afra1233

Newbie
Sep 24, 2026
1
0
What happens if I submit an application twice, one in July and one in September? I submitted my first application before extending my PNP, and then submitted the PNP extension through a webform.


I called IRCC today, and they told me to wait until December. If I still don’t hear anything by then, they said I could submit another application with a letter explaining why I’m submitting it again.


But I’m thinking, if I’m going to wait until December anyway, why not just submit the second application now? Do I HAVE TO withdraw one of the applications?


I’m going to call IRCC again tomorrow and ask someone else, but what do you guys think?
 
Submitting two PR applications naturally raises worries about system redundancy and the possibility of triggering a flag for extra review. In analogous situations, tools such as Nebraska License Lookup show how databases cross‑reference entries, underscoring the need for consistent data across filings. Immigration officers typically consolidate duplicate submissions into one file but will request clarification if inconsistencies appear, so uniform documentation is critical. Regularly checking the portal for status updates and promptly contacting the case officer when timelines diverge helps keep the process on schedule.
The comparison with a Nebraska license-plate website does not establish how IRCC handles duplicate PR applications. It’s best not to assume that duplicate applications are automatically consolidated or that they necessarily trigger extra security review. The appropriate advice depends on the Canadian immigration program and why the second application was submitted.
 
What happens if I submit an application twice, one in July and one in September? I submitted my first application before extending my PNP, and then submitted the PNP extension through a webform.


I called IRCC today, and they told me to wait until December. If I still don’t hear anything by then, they said I could submit another application with a letter explaining why I’m submitting it again.


But I’m thinking, if I’m going to wait until December anyway, why not just submit the second application now? Do I HAVE TO withdraw one of the applications?


I’m going to call IRCC again tomorrow and ask someone else, but what do you guys think?
Since you already submitted the PNP extension through a webform, make sure IRCC has received and attached it to your original application. I don’t think you should assume that you must withdraw one application automatically. If you do submit another application, clearly explain the reason and reference the original application number.