+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Submitting Spouse details after Express entry submission

MEB

Jun 16, 2017
Good Day Guys ,

I just have one doubt ...

I was so focused on my associated aspects for the express entry and gathering enough points for it soleley through my own skills, that i did not give much attention to spouse related skills which can add points to my CR layout afterwards ..

So now I prepared all my documents and just waiting for WES result(may be it will be available in 10 days time) before i can submit everything ,however I knew there are additional points for both my Spouse Bachelor degree that can add points to my CR.

My question is ...do I have to submit a WES evaluation for my spouse and wait till its finalzed to submit it in the EE from teh start ,or I can leave my spouse details without associated information for now then add it afterwards when she completes her WES evaluation (may be within 7-8 Weeks from now) and only by then i can mention that my wife is now having bachelor degree and submit all he associated details ?

Appreciate your support guys ...as waiting for another at least 6 weeks will be a hugely annoying issue.
Bregrds
MEB

3n4y

Mar 3, 2017
If you have enough points without your spouse credentials you can go ahead. You can use the CRS tool to calculate what your score will be with or without her credentials.

Once you have a spouse, you lose 30 points, which is then replaced based on Credentials and the language tests.

So yes, you can create your profile with your wife and update as they come in, it takes a day for the points to get updated with the added credentials, and the profile is valid for a year. Leave out the details that dont have any backing. e.g the ECA until you have it.

Last edited:
Reactions: MEB

MEB

Jun 16, 2017
If you have enough points without your spouse credentials you can go ahead. You can use the CRS tool to calculate what your score will be with or without her credentials.

Once you have a spouse, you lose 30 points, which is then replaced based on Credentials and the language tests.

So yes, you can create your profile with your wife and update as they come in, it takes a day for the points to get updated with the added credentials, and the profile is valid for a year. Leave out the details that dont have any backing. e.g the ECA until you have it.
Thank you so much for your support ..Then I can start my EE within few days ,then Will work on my Spouse's WES evaluation on my own pace and update it in my profile within few weeks....
Bregards
MEB