+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Submitting PR applications during strike?

mmafi

Jan 31, 2023
Hello. So I have recently received an ITA and was planning to submit in the next couple of days but then the strike happened. Was wondering about peoples thoughts on submitting during the strike. I was thinking that maybe it is better to wait for a couple of weeks to see the situation but I am not sure. I am mainly thinking it is a bad idea to submit during the strike because the application might be lost in a huge pile of backlogs (similar to people applied for PR during COVID vs people who applied for PR after). Does anyone have any thoughts about this or were thinking the same? Thanks!

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hello. So I have recently received an ITA and was planning to submit in the next couple of days but then the strike happened. Was wondering about peoples thoughts on submitting during the strike. I was thinking that maybe it is better to wait for a couple of weeks to see the situation but I am not sure. I am mainly thinking it is a bad idea to submit during the strike because the application might be lost in a huge pile of backlogs (similar to people applied for PR during COVID vs people who applied for PR after). Does anyone have any thoughts about this or were thinking the same? Thanks!
If I were you, I'd still submit my application when I feel that my docs are ready. Do they process FIFO(first in, first out), reverse chronologically, etc? W we don't have a very good viewpoint here. COVID era applications were stuck for sure, but I'm not sure if waiting in this case is going to help. Unless you read docs on how they process the application, you can't be 100% sure.

Maybe the longer you wait, the worse it gets. Who knows.

Reactions: mmafi