+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Submitting passport from within Canada - Outland sponsorship application

alaiu

Jul 14, 2015
Hi,

My wife is with me in Canada on a visitor visa. She can stay until June 2018 (6 months).
She received passport request to submit her passport to New Delhi, India.

The letter says that she has to submit her passport to VFS global in New Delhi. It also says that If you have a mailing address in Canada and if you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passport(s) to the Case Processing Centre - Ottawa.

I called CIC to confirm if we are okay to send the docs to Ottawa, but they themselves weren't sure. They asked me to contact CPC Ottawa via email and confirm if we indeed can send the passport to CPC Ottawa instead of New Delhi.

I've emailed them, however, CPC Ottawa has an email response time of up to 10 working days. Since she has only 30 days from the date of the letter to submit the passport, we do not want to wait. I cannot find any phone number either where I can contact Ottawa directly.

Can she simply send the passport to CPC Ottawa, apply for a visit visa extension and hope for the best?
Or does she have to send it to New Delhi? If that's the case then she needs to fly all the way to India.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

My wife is with me in Canada on a visitor visa. She can stay until June 2018 (6 months).
She received passport request to submit her passport to New Delhi, India.

The letter says that she has to submit her passport to VFS global in New Delhi. It also says that If you have a mailing address in Canada and if you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passport(s) to the Case Processing Centre - Ottawa.

I called CIC to confirm if we are okay to send the docs to Ottawa, but they themselves weren't sure. They asked me to contact CPC Ottawa via email and confirm if we indeed can send the passport to CPC Ottawa instead of New Delhi.

I've emailed them, however, CPC Ottawa has an email response time of up to 10 working days. Since she has only 30 days from the date of the letter to submit the passport, we do not want to wait. I cannot find any phone number either where I can contact Ottawa directly.

Can she simply send the passport to CPC Ottawa, apply for a visit visa extension and hope for the best?
Or does she have to send it to New Delhi? If that's the case then she needs to fly all the way to India.
Hi

Send the passport to Ottawa.

alaiu

Jul 14, 2015
Thanks, I was thinking of doing the same.

I was only in doubts since CIC seemed to be unsure themselves of where to send. I just hope it doesn't lead to any problems

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

I was only in doubts since CIC seemed to be unsure themselves of where to send. I just hope it doesn't lead to any problems
The email clearly states you can send it to Ottawa, so I'm not sure why you think it could lead to problems.

amit031.vit

Apr 5, 2015

Hey, What did you do finally. As my wife is also coming on visitor and most probably we will be getting PPR request soon.
I also called CIC to ask general question and the agent was not sure.