+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

submitting new info to CIC

charloux

Apr 6, 2010
Hello,
I have a question regarding submitting new information to CIC during the application process.

First, here is my situation. I am sponsoring my husband (as a Canadian citizen) who is from Indonesia via Singapore office. We sent the application in in November 2009. It was sent back to us due to a missing signature in Dec 2009. I visited him for 3 weeks in Dec/Jan 2009 whereby I also got his signature. I returned to Canada in January and resent the application with an update on my "recent travels". Also in the update I explained how I was planning on traveling to Indonesia to be with him for the summer (or longer) after my semester at school. I was approved sponsorship, and it became processing in Singapore in early February 2010.

I did end up coming, and I am now here with him. In May, photos of our relationship were returned to us. Additionally, CIC sent a request that his fingerprints get sent to the RCMP for a criminal check. Due to processing times exceeding 120 days (for RCMP fingerprinting), I don't expect his records (or rather lack of records because he should have a clean background check) to be forwarded to Singapore before October.

So, now we are just playing the waiting game. And my question is: would it be wise to send an update, photos, ticket stubs, etc of our summer together for additional info in order to strengthen evidence of our relationship?

(Please excuse the improper grammar and spelling, I just wanted to see what people had to say before I went ahead and did it.)

Thank you,
all comments and helpful tips are welcomed!

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
No, it could look like you're trying too hard. If they've already returned the proofs of your relationship that you sent with the application, it means they are done assessing that part of the application and they're probably just waiting on the RCMP so they can finalize the file. I wouldn't complicate matters by sending more info - if they'd wanted additional proofs of your relationship they would have asked for them or scheduled an interview.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
I agree. If they didn't ask for an interview and have sent your photos back, they most likely have already decided your relationship is genuine. If there is an interview later, your husband can show the proof then.

charloux

Apr 6, 2010
Ok, that sounds good. I hope it is the case that they are indeed satisfied with our evidence, and they do think our relationship is genuine. But, I will still gather (not send) more evidence (photos, ticket stubs, etc) to be prepared in case they do ask for an interview.
Thank you both for your responses.

B

boyee6576

Thats the best way. When my husband was called for interview he took any additional info with him to the interview. phone bills, emails, text messages, love letters anything that shows that your continuing since the application like a normal couple. Any emails between your spouse and your family and vise versa I think is also helpful. It shows that you are both considered a part of each others family and are treated that way. Then if your called for interview you have some important info to show.

Just my thoughts. :)

charloux

Apr 6, 2010
Thanks boyee6576, I hope he wont have to do an interview... sigghhh, but if so we will be ready!

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
boyee6576 said:
Thats the best way. When my husband was called for interview he took any additional info with him to the interview. phone bills, emails, text messages, love letters anything that shows that your continuing since the application like a normal couple. Any emails between your spouse and your family and vise versa I think is also helpful. It shows that you are both considered a part of each others family and are treated that way. Then if your called for interview you have some important info to show.

Just my thoughts. :)
Boyee, had they even looked at your hubby's proof at his interview or was she (IO) just a complete natural born beatch?

B

boyee6576

I dont think she looked at much of anything to be honest. I went to india stayed there 6 weeks came home and then went back 2 1/2 years later and got then married. I cant see how it would look like we were in a relationship for convenience. If that were the case we would have married when I first met him. We wanted to see how things went we didnt want to marry until we were sure. he wanted me to spend time with his family and meet relatives. Doesnt sound like much of a convenience to me.

Before the interview she wanted my divorce petition and divorce judgement. She already had the divorce certificate so dont know what she needed those things for. I can only think that by her attitude about our marriage was that she thought I had property and money and thats what attracted my husband to me. But that was not the case I didnt have either.

You know she spent the majority of the interview making fun of our wedding picture and saying how awful I look. My size my age, althought I dont look any older than my husband he even has grey hair. It was 45 degrees that day and my husband and I got married in a tiny little church with no AC. I was suffering from heat exhaustion and my husband and I were sweating so badly so you know it was not the best looking pictures. Our love letters she critized becasue they were not in original envelopes instead of judging the content. Letters from other people and family and friends. Didnt matter in our case. My husband said she looked as hateful as she acted. so confusedandscared your right :)

Not everyone has a tough go like we did not all officers are nasty. But just look at it this way if your husband gets called for interview, just see it as a chance to prove everything and remove all doubts about your relationship. I have heard some people got called for interview and they only were asked to confirm their address and nothing more. So who knows.