+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Submitting a profile After receiving ITA

Ripvanvinkel

Feb 12, 2015
In a bit of a pickle on what to do.

I have got an ITA at 433 points. However my IELTS is expiring on the 8th of May and I am not sure if I can submit all documents before that. I gave my IELTS and got a bit lower score(428). So I created a new profile with the new IELTS score. I have now submitted it. Based on the draw on 19th of April I might get an invite in the next draw. The new profile is made with a new email id. The rational behind doing this is if I cannot finish my submission by the 8th of May I will have to decline my first ITA and will another profile ready with an ITA if there is another draw soon.

My question is
Will this create a problem?
Is this an issue?
Is there an issue having 2 profiles for the same person with 2 ITA's - (I know its being mean taking up another slot)

PS: except IELTS all other information is the same in both profiles. Doing all I can to submit docs before 8th. If that happens then I would withdraw the other profile immediately

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Ripvanvinkel said:
In a bit of a pickle on what to do.

I have got an ITA at 433 points. However my IELTS is expiring on the 8th of May and I am not sure if I can submit all documents before that. I gave my IELTS and got a bit lower score(428). So I created a new profile with the new IELTS score. I have now submitted it. Based on the draw on 19th of April I might get an invite in the next draw. The new profile is made with a new email id. The rational behind doing this is if I cannot finish my submission by the 8th of May I will have to decline my first ITA and will another profile ready with an ITA if there is another draw soon.

My question is
Will this create a problem?
Is this an issue?
Is there an issue having 2 profiles for the same person with 2 ITA's - (I know its being mean taking up another slot)

PS: except IELTS all other information is the same in both profiles. Doing all I can to submit docs before 8th. If that happens then I would withdraw the other profile immediately
It actually illegal to have two active profiles.

Ripvanvinkel

Feb 12, 2015
Just want to confirm why would it be illegal? I already have an ITA and wanted to keep the other profile as a back up in case there is a delay in my submission of documents.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Ripvanvinkel said:
Just want to confirm why would it be illegal? I already have an ITA and wanted to keep the other profile as a back up in case there is a delay in my submission of documents.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=864&top=29

nokia3315

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your theory of back up might work as well. Its all good if your lucky as CIC may not even notice or else CIC may create another pickle with maple syrup added.