+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Submitted my application in Nov 2013 but did not get anything from CIC yet...

lukechen

Mar 7, 2008
I submitted my citizenship application in mid Nov 2013 but haven't got anything so far from CIC. Is this normal?

The only information I have so far is the FedEx online tracking status, which shows that my application reached CIC office on Nov 20 2013.

Is there anything I should do now? Can you guys help? Thanks!

NetMecca

Dec 12, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
14-07-2009
Hi

Patience is your only option. And yes 3 months is not much. Chances are you could easily wait for a year before getting any response at all. Though this has limited value you could possible get some comments on the online application tracking tool provided on the CIC website.

Try here
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp

Good luck :)

Kanadalainen

Jan 26, 2014
Hi, it took me around one year to have my application processed. So no worries, be patient, just takes some time. I got my invitation to the exam last December for January 2014. I really liked that they told the results right away there! Also, people who passed got an invitation to the oath ceremony which was only a week later. That was very fast! In addition to studying the booklet about Canada that was sent with the exam invitation, I took Immigration Canada's online sample exam questions like "million" times until I scored 100 % every time. I found that method the easiest to learn. And because I was so well prepared, the test was really easy to pass. The Immigration officials were all super nice. Overall, it was a pleasant experience. :)

MKJ

Star Member
Dec 4, 2013
Kanadalainen said:
Hi, it took me around one year to have my application processed. So no worries, be patient, just takes some time. I got my invitation to the exam last December for January 2014. I really liked that they told the results right away there! Also, people who passed got an invitation to the oath ceremony which was only a week later. That was very fast! In addition to studying the booklet about Canada that was sent with the exam invitation, I took Immigration Canada's online sample exam questions like "million" times until I scored 100 % every time. I found that method the easiest to learn. And because I was so well prepared, the test was really easy to pass. The Immigration officials were all super nice. Overall, it was a pleasant experience. :)
Hi Kanadalainen,

Congratulations!!

Can you please provide the link or exact path / navigation details for "Immigration Canada's online sample exam questions", which you took?

Thanks and Regards,
MKJ

konkani

Nov 25, 2013
Hey Lukechen,
You are not alone buddy, I have also applied in November 2013 and no news so far. Waiting is just our option at this point. I also called CIC few days back but they told me to call back again after one month and half. Everyday I hope to get some update and that is all fun part in this game. I remember my past experience when I applied for PR.

Lets hope that they keep the momentum up and keep processing the application faster, as it is the trend for last few months. In the mean time lets share our excitement and frustration on this forum.

Cheers'