+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Submitted e-APR.. what next?

maypillleaf0411

Jun 24, 2017
Hi,

I just managed to submit the documents, pay the fees and I received an intimation stating that IRCC has received the application. So, whats next?

I understand, I would have to wait for intimation from the IRCC regarding any clarifications that may be required. But should I be prepared for more things to come? If yes, like what?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
they may request additional documents or additional medical exams. you just gotta wait and be patient and optimistic

Reactions: maypillleaf0411

maypillleaf0411

Jun 24, 2017
Thank you Hamgha. I understand patience is the key now. However, I don't quite understand what the sequence of steps would be. Say there are further clarifications that are required. When exactly would a decision be taken on the visa application.

And IF the decision on visa is positive, what next? There are a lot of abbreviations I see in here, but nothing that gives a clear picture of what the flow would be.

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Thank you Hamgha. I understand patience is the key now. However, I don't quite understand what the sequence of steps would be. Say there are further clarifications that are required. When exactly would a decision be taken on the visa application.

And IF the decision on visa is positive, what next? There are a lot of abbreviations I see in here, but nothing that gives a clear picture of what the flow would be.
There's not really much for you to do now until CIC makes a decision UNLESS you get a request for additional documents (ADR). Generally you will get this request if CIC needs clarification on something, or you forgot to include something they need (or something you submitted was inadequate).

But, often, some people don't get a request for additional documents at all, and you really don't hear anything else until you either get notice that your application was refused/cancelled OR your get the passport request email (PPR) which is when CIC has approved your application and is ready for you to start the process to get the necessary PR visa (if you're not from a visa exempt country) and/or COPR (confirmation of permanent residence letter).

Generally the next steps, conducted by CIC, after you submit your eAPR, are:
  • review of your medical
  • review of your eligibility (to see if you meet the requirements of the programme under which you applied (FSW, CEC, FST) and that you actually had the CRS Score needed when your ITA was issued)
  • review of your criminality (review of your police clearance certificates)
  • review of your security clearance (this is the most time-consuming stage where background checks are conducted on you)
  • there is also possibly the security screening stage, which only some people are selected for and which REALLY appears to lengthen the review process (keep your fingers crossed that you don't get selected for security screening)

Once these steps are all complete, if an issue wasn't found with your application at any of the above stages, you will receive a request to submit your passport and photos/or whatever documents they need for your particular situation (PPR, also known as the Golden Email) and will know you have been approved for PR.

At that point, you will have a certain amount of time to get your passports/documents submitted for the PR visa stamp and/or COPR (or risk having the offer of PR withdrawn)

Once you get your passport and/or COPR back, you will then have a certain amount of time to 'land' (i.e. travel to Canada and go through immigration at an airport or at the US/Canada border to have the PR process finalized). The deadline for landing is usually the day your medical exam expires (one year from when you first had the exam) or the expiry date on your passport, whichever comes first. If you don't land by the deadline, you can't claim your offer for PR.

Regarding the various stages of your application processing, people use different abbreviations such as NA1, IP1, IP2, NA2, which tend to be mostly based on the change of statuses in your myCIC profile, but apparently you can't rely too heavily on these.

The best you can do is be patient, and check your email (AND SPAM FOLDERS) everyday to make sure you're not missing any requests for additional documents, or missing your PPR email, as every email and request CIC sends to you typically has a deadline attached to it.

The wait is the hardest part. But hopefully good news will come quickly. In the meantime, Best of Luck to you!

maypillleaf0411

Jun 24, 2017
There's not really much for you to do now until CIC makes a decision UNLESS you get a request for additional documents (ADR). Generally you will get this request if CIC needs clarification on something, or you forgot to include something they need (or something you submitted was inadequate).

But, often, some people don't get a request for additional documents at all, and you really don't hear anything else until you either get notice that your application was refused/cancelled OR your get the passport request email (PPR) which is when CIC has approved your application and is ready for you to start the process to get the necessary PR visa (if you're not from a visa exempt country) and/or COPR (confirmation of permanent residence letter).

Generally the next steps, conducted by CIC, after you submit your eAPR, are:
  • review of your medical
  • review of your eligibility (to see if you meet the requirements of the programme under which you applied (FSW, CEC, FST) and that you actually had the CRS Score needed when your ITA was issued)
  • review of your criminality (review of your police clearance certificates)
  • review of your security clearance (this is the most time-consuming stage where background checks are conducted on you)
  • there is also possibly the security screening stage, which only some people are selected for and which REALLY appears to lengthen the review process (keep your fingers crossed that you don't get selected for security screening)

Once these steps are all complete, if an issue wasn't found with your application at any of the above stages, you will receive a request to submit your passport and photos/or whatever documents they need for your particular situation (PPR, also known as the Golden Email) and will know you have been approved for PR.

At that point, you will have a certain amount of time to get your passports/documents submitted for the PR visa stamp and/or COPR (or risk having the offer of PR withdrawn)

Once you get your passport and/or COPR back, you will then have a certain amount of time to 'land' (i.e. travel to Canada and go through immigration at an airport or at the US/Canada border to have the PR process finalized). The deadline for landing is usually the day your medical exam expires (one year from when you first had the exam) or the expiry date on your passport, whichever comes first. If you don't land by the deadline, you can't claim your offer for PR.

Regarding the various stages of your application processing, people use different abbreviations such as NA1, IP1, IP2, NA2, which tend to be mostly based on the change of statuses in your myCIC profile, but apparently you can't rely too heavily on these.

The best you can do is be patient, and check your email (AND SPAM FOLDERS) everyday to make sure you're not missing any requests for additional documents, or missing your PPR email, as every email and request CIC sends to you typically has a deadline attached to it.

The wait is the hardest part. But hopefully good news will come quickly. In the meantime, Best of Luck to you!

Crescent - First thing's first. I much appreciate your patience and the time that you have taken to write such a long response. Maybe that is exactly why you're one of the Hero members.

Now, that message was as clear as it could ever get. Or at least to me, that was very clear. I was actually wondering with one of the other aspects too which you have answered. The time that I will get to 'Land' from the time IF my visa gets stamped. (I guess the keyword is IF ;-) ). One of my friends in Canada now, had to go through a lot when he first went to Canada, of course it was not through EE when he went there. He didn't get a job and he was on Unemployment Benefits for like a year and that really did worry me. So I just wanted to know if how long could I take to land in Canada if my visa gets stamped and through. And you have already answered my question. :)

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Crescent - First thing's first. I much appreciate your patience and the time that you have taken to write such a long response. Maybe that is exactly why you're one of the Hero members.

Now, that message was as clear as it could ever get. Or at least to me, that was very clear. I was actually wondering with one of the other aspects too which you have answered. The time that I will get to 'Land' from the time IF my visa gets stamped. (I guess the keyword is IF ;-) ). One of my friends in Canada now, had to go through a lot when he first went to Canada, of course it was not through EE when he went there. He didn't get a job and he was on Unemployment Benefits for like a year and that really did worry me. So I just wanted to know if how long could I take to land in Canada if my visa gets stamped and through. And you have already answered my question. :)
I'm very glad I could help :) .

Also, you should know that, regarding landing, if you're worried about how long settlement can take, you also have the option of a 'soft landing'. This is when you land (so you can claim your PR by the deadline) but then you don't officially 'move' to Canada until you're ready to do so. In other words, you can land and then go back to your home country immediately afterwards, and get things in order before you move permanently.

This is fine just as long as you make sure you return in time to ensure you're spending at least 2 of your first 5 years of permanent residency, physically ,in Canada (which is a requirement to maintain your PR status).

A lot of persons land, and then do one or several 'reconnaissance' trips where they scope out places to live and that kind of thing, before making the move permanent.

maypillleaf0411

Jun 24, 2017
I'm very glad I could help :) .

Also, you should know that, regarding landing, if you're worried about how long settlement can take, you also have the option of a 'soft landing'. This is when you land (so you can claim your PR by the deadline) but then you don't officially 'move' to Canada until you're ready to do so. In other words, you can land and then go back to your home country immediately afterwards, and get things in order before you move permanently.

This is fine just as long as you make sure you return in time to ensure you're spending at least 2 of your first 5 years of permanent residency, physically ,in Canada (which is a requirement to maintain your PR status).

A lot of persons land, and then do one or several 'reconnaissance' trips where they scope out places to live and that kind of thing, before making the move permanent.
Wow.. Okay... that makes a lot of sense. But here is my question. I have not submitted my application stating that my wife would join me. In which case, if I have to do a soft landing, should I do a soft landing along with my wife? Can I decide to make a soft landing just for myself and then make the decision final D-decision?

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Wow.. Okay... that makes a lot of sense. But here is my question. I have not submitted my application stating that my wife would join me. In which case, if I have to do a soft landing, should I do a soft landing along with my wife? Can I decide to make a soft landing just for myself and then make the decision final D-decision?
Hmm...I need some clarification. You said you have not submitted your application stating that your wife will join you. Do you mean:
1) that you have submitted your eAPR but indicated in it that your wife was NOT accompanying you?
OR
2) that have NOT submitted your eAPR which currently indicates that your wife WILL BE accompanying?

If it's the former, your wife can't join you in Canada unless she has another entry permit (student visa, visitor's visa, work permit, etc.) and if she has a visitor's visa, she can't stay with you for very long. If you indicated her as non-accompanying, but identified her in the family information section of your application, you can apply for spousal sponsorship once you are a PR, so that she can become a PR via this route, but that can take a long time (in excess of 12 months).

If it's the latter, after you submit your eAPR and get approval for PR, both you and your wife will have to land by a certain time. If you want to do a soft landing without her, you can, just as long as she still lands by the deadline as well (however, she can't land before you - the primary applicant has to land before or at the same time as their dependents, but not after).

Please let us know if you need further clarification.

maypillleaf0411

Jun 24, 2017
Hmm...I need some clarification. You said you have not submitted your application stating that your wife will join you. Do you mean:
1) that you have submitted your eAPR but indicated in it that your wife was NOT accompanying you?
OR
2) that have NOT submitted your eAPR which currently indicates that your wife WILL BE accompanying?

If it's the former, your wife can't join you in Canada unless she has another entry permit (student visa, visitor's visa, work permit, etc.) and if she has a visitor's visa, she can't stay with you for very long. If you indicated her as non-accompanying, but identified her in the family information section of your application, you can apply for spousal sponsorship once you are a PR, so that she can become a PR via this route, but that can take a long time (in excess of 12 months).

If it's the latter, after you submit your eAPR and get approval for PR, both you and your wife will have to land by a certain time. If you want to do a soft landing without her, you can, just as long as she still lands by the deadline as well (however, she can't land before you - the primary applicant has to land before or at the same time as their dependents, but not after).

Please let us know if you need further clarification.
I am very sorry for the confusion. What I had actually meant was, I had submitted my eAPR stating that my wife WILL be accompanying me. In fact I had paid upfront the fees for processing $ 2k including her as one of the dependants.

So if I understand it correctly, I can make a soft landing first and then have her come over here?

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
I am very sorry for the confusion. What I had actually meant was, I had submitted my eAPR stating that my wife WILL be accompanying me. In fact I had paid upfront the fees for processing $ 2k including her as one of the dependants.

So if I understand it correctly, I can make a soft landing first and then have her come over here?
Yup, just as long as she lands by the final deadline :)

Reactions: maypillleaf0411