+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

submitted Arabic exit/entry stamps on passports in mississauga office.

sanjayadav

Star Member
Aug 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

Need to know if anybody have the same situation, i appeared for test and passed it in may2014. but because i have Arabic stamps on my passport , officer asked me to submit translations which i already submitted in may2014 end.
1) Do they verify with the country where we got these stamps or just want to know the dates only.

as i'm already in canada since April2010. never left CANADA SINCE.

please reply.Thanks all

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
they do sometimes but most of the time they do not.
i have one question, did they ask about the stamps within the four years or three years only?

torontonian2003

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sanjayadav said:
Hello All,

Need to know if anybody have the same situation, i appeared for test and passed it in may2014. but because i have Arabic stamps on my passport , officer asked me to submit translations which i already submitted in may2014 end.
1) Do they verify with the country where we got these stamps or just want to know the dates only.

please reply.Thanks all
The CIC officer needs to be convinced that those stamps are indeed outside the residency period for your citizenship application. You need to reassure them through a certified translation. Here's what I'd recommend:

(1) Submit high-resolution colour copies of ALL pages of your passport(s) (even the unused blank pages). This way you can allay suspicion that you may be hiding a travel.

(2) Itemize all stamps in question in a spreadsheet, specify the date of arrival/departure (even though they are outside the residency period).

(3) Have those stamps in question duly certified. Ask around in this forum for a suitable official translator in the GTA.

(4) Order your CBSA (Canada border services) record for the duration you were in Canada in total (even if they include times when you were not a permanent resident). While CIC supposedly can check this in our behalf, you can request it yourself and submit a copy of it to CIC when you receive it. This can be requested online for free. Request under the "privacy act" and it's free:
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/req-dem-priv-eng.html
It could take 30 days for you to receive the results. YOu need to scan your PR card (both sides) and passport bio page to append to the online request.
That you didn't leave Canada will be duly reflected on your CBSA record as NO ACTIVITY within the required period.
However, DO NOT WAIT for your CBSA record before you respond. As soon as you have the certified translations of your Arab travel stamps, submit right away. Send the CBSA report later, if in case you haven't had an oath schedule yet.

(5) Attach a cover letter indicating your Client ID#, application reference number (if you know it), and a clear statement of your travels (or lack of), including an additional explanation regarding the specific dates with regards to the Arab stamps.

Good luck. And don't forget to post your response by courier and verify through the call centre that your response letter was duly received.

sanjayadav

Star Member
Aug 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
all the passports new and old. as i 'm in canada since 2010. but that passport is renewed in 2008. so have stamps before 2010.

torontonian2003

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sanjayadav said:
all the passports new and old. as i 'm in canada since 2010. but that passport is renewed in 2008. so have stamps before 2010.
The bottomline is the CIC official is in doubt and you have to submit a rebuttal to support your lack of travel from 2010.

sanjayadav

Star Member
Aug 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Torontonian2003 for the reply,

I sent them all the documents in colored, translated from professional certified arabic translator and called them last month regarding acknowledgement.
They said they have received the documents but can't say how long it will take to process it.

application submitted Oct 2013
test passed in May 2014
translation submitted May 2014
waiting for response....

torontonian2003

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sanjayadav said:
Thanks Torontonian2003 for the reply,

I sent them all the documents in colored, translated from professional certified arabic translator and called them last month regarding acknowledgement.
They said they have received the documents but can't say how long it will take to process it.

application submitted Oct 2013
test passed in May 2014
translation submitted May 2014
waiting for response....
(1) Follow-up with a CBSA report (if you haven't ordered it yet).

(2) Ask for your CIC files (under Privacy Act):
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-personal.asp
While your CIC electronic files are pure summary and quite cryptic (so many unclear abbreviations), there have been cases where decisions are granted within a month's time after this record is requested by the applicant ( but not always!). So if your case is certainly routine (considering it ended up in Mississauga) with no other issues (apart from the passport stamps), requesting your CIC file might nudge the CIC officer to look up your file again. But this is pure speculation on my part on whether it could help or not your case to move forward. It won't hurt though to try.

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2011(pspt submitted 09-04-2011)
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2011 (passport received 17-05-2011)
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
sanjayadav said:
Hello All,

please reply.Thanks all
Hi Sanjay, just wondering why did you submit the copy of the page of your passport showing an Arabic exit/entry stamps wherein the guideline is asking to submit the bio page of the passport only? Or maybe I'm missing something?

Jes

Dec 10, 2007
torontonian2003 said:

(1) Submit high-resolution colour copies of ALL pages of your passport(s) (even the unused blank pages). This way you can allay suspicion that you may be hiding a travel.

(2) Itemize all stamps in question in a spreadsheet, specify the date of arrival/departure (even though they are outside the residency period).

(3) Have those stamps in question duly certified. Ask around in this forum for a suitable official translator in the GTA.

(4) Order your CBSA (Canada border services) record for the duration you were in Canada in total (even if they include times when you were not a permanent resident). While CIC supposedly can check this in our behalf, you can request it yourself and submit a copy of it to CIC when you receive it. This can be requested online for free. Request under the "privacy act" and it's free:
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/req-dem-priv-eng.html
It could take 30 days for you to receive the results. YOu need to scan your PR card (both sides) and passport bio page to append to the online request.
That you didn't leave Canada will be duly reflected on your CBSA record as NO ACTIVITY within the required period.
However, DO NOT WAIT for your CBSA record before you respond. As soon as you have the certified translations of your Arab travel stamps, submit right away. Send the CBSA report later, if in case you haven't had an oath schedule yet.

(5) Attach a cover letter indicating your Client ID#, application reference number (if you know it), and a clear statement of your travels (or lack of), including an additional explanation regarding the specific dates with regards to the Arab stamps.
Hi,
Just from my experience:
If you go to a certified translator (at least the one I went to in Mississauga), you don't need to do any of steps 1-3. The translator copied the whole passport in clearly, attached a table of contents at the beginning with summary of the stamps, put the whole thing together in a neat file).
I did it before my test so I didn't need to do points 4 or 5. Btw passport and translation were the only documents the officer looked at in our 45 min interview. He kept the translations at the end of the interview.
Another point, the Arabic stamps in my passport were from an Egypt vacation before I landed in Canada.

crazylove

Star Member
Jun 20, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-12-2010
Thats strange, My friend went for his exam last month he has stamps from UAE on his passport and the dates are in English. He was never asked for translations and he suggested i don't need to do translation on my passport because they don't check. My stamps are from before i became landed immigrant.

Jes

Dec 10, 2007
crazylove said:
Thats strange, My friend went for his exam last month he has stamps from UAE on his passport and the dates are in English. He was never asked for translations and he suggested i don't need to do translation on my passport because they don't check. My stamps are from before i became landed immigrant.
I don't know about the UAE but Egypt's stamps have everything in both Arabic and English except the date :mad:. Here is an example I found online:

crazylove

Star Member
Jun 20, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-12-2010
Jes said:
I don't know about the UAE but Egypt's stamps have everything in both Arabic and English except the date :mad:. Here is an example I found online:

These dates are in arabic. The dates i have in my passport are in english.

Canadianese

May 2, 2014
Jes said:

Hi Jes;

Would u plz provide the contact info of the translator u went to?

Thanx a lot & ur help will be much appreciated.