Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
eds1275 said:
Can you get a letter for the purpose of opening bank account /renting apartment ?
I am in India now so this is the reason the company is stating in the refusal email. In the past, I never requested a letter for bank account opening or renting apartment.

Caribou

Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm in the same boat. just adding my case here.

Applied in Jan, 2013. My company Colleague info centre refused to include job duties and responsibilities in Reference letter (The company headquarter said that they have generic letter for ALL employees and they cannot modify it)

I attached NOA 2011, ALL copies of paystub, LMO, Work permit, Job contract (which does not have job duties, GRRR.), copy of BC license (regulated profession), business card of my direct manager at the store, and myself.

I thought about attaching e-mail or letter saying that they "refused" to include the job duties, but it was too much work. Talking about bureaucracy!
GCMS in Aug (nothing started) ordered another one in early Nov.

After getting BWOP approved in early Nov., I asked my bookkeeper at the local store to write a reference letter with just duration of work and detailed job duties and responsibilities.
It was on company letterhead slightly different from the one from headquarter, and was signed by local store book keeper with local store address.

So, I e-mailed Ottawa just now, 1) updated reference letter with job duties, 2) NOA from 2012, 3) T4 2012, 4) copies of paystub from Jan til Nov. My NOA 2011 only had partial earnings. My company uses electronic paystub that has earned hours/job title/hourly wage/etc. in each page.

My immigrant consultant said that I should mail the original letter out to Ottawa for somehow, so she'll send them out ASAP.

I just hope cic updates my new info to my file and hope to get MR soon. ;D Keep fingers crossed.

p.s (my 2 cents) ... if you can't persuade company to write a letter, get to know who is in charge of company letterhead at the local level, and really get to know them. My store has just too many employees, and it took me one incident which I had to ask her for help, and a beautiful flower arrangement. I also took interest in her cat, and asked many questions about her cat to build a rapport. And, voila! a letter in 1 hr with job duties, which I wrote up for her.