+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Submit BOWP online or paper?

Mar 30, 2015
Does anyone know how long it takes the CiC to review your pr application to decide your R10 pass or not?the reason I am asking because I want apply BOWP right away when I get the AOR, but I'm worried that the online application is only about 20 days, if by the time they review my application for BOWP, my PR application has not been reviewed which means my R10 is not pass yet, will Cic reject my BOWP application then? Any ideas or suggestions? Please help. Thanks to you all

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
snowbirdflying said:
Does anyone know how long it takes the CiC to review your pr application to decide your R10 pass or not?the reason I am asking because I want apply BOWP right away when I get the AOR, but I'm worried that the online application is only about 20 days, if by the time they review my application for BOWP, my PR application has not been reviewed which means my R10 is not pass yet, will Cic reject my BOWP application then? Any ideas or suggestions? Please help. Thanks to you all
You don't need to wait. I applied for BOWP 5 days after receiving AOR and my BOWP was approved. By the time when VO checks your BOWP application and if you haven't passed r10 yet then he/she will put your file aside check it after a few days. Your BOWP will be rejected only if you fail R10.

Reactions: Adanac11
Mar 30, 2015
manidhatt said:
You don't need to wait. I applied for BOWP 5 days after receiving AOR and my BOWP was approved. By the time when VO checks your BOWP application and if you haven't passed r10 yet then he/she will put your file aside check it after a few days. Your BOWP will be rejected only if you fail R10.
Thanks for your reply. So I am going to submit online if I get ITA on Wednesday.

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
snowbirdflying said:
Thanks for your reply. So I am going to submit online if I get ITA on Wednesday.
Getting ITA won't mean anything. You will receive AOR when you submit your application for Permanent Residence.
1. Receive ITA.
2. submit your PR application soon after getting ITA and before your BOWP expires.
3. Receive AOR once you submit PR application.
4. Receive AOR and then apply for BOWP.

Reactions: Adanac11
Mar 30, 2015
manidhatt said:
Getting ITA won't mean anything. You will receive AOR when you submit your application for Permanent Residence.
1. Receive ITA.
2. submit your PR application soon after getting ITA and before your BOWP expires.
Got you. It's so nice of you to explain so clearly here.Will submit PR right after I get ITA as i have everything ready already. Now just hope the draw happens on June 1st.

fercholin

Sep 18, 2016
manidhatt said:
1. Receive ITA.
how long do i need to wait for the R10 letter? I just submitted the e-APR and i received the 1st AOR. How long do I need to wait for the BOWP?

Thank you for your feedback.

Regards,

Innana

Nov 20, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
03-02-2016
AOR Received.
20-03-2016
Med's Request
Feb 6
Med's Done....
Feb 17
Passport Req..
May 30
VISA ISSUED...
June 13
LANDED..........
July 09
Basically this is how it goes:

Option 1, you need time, you want to get extra weeks/month from CIC to process your application: Submit your application by paper.

Option 2, you want answers as quickly as possible, you want to have your BOWP as soon as you can: Submit online.