+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

submit application to extend my study permit on last day of expiry date

SilviaW

Jul 29, 2019
will it still be the normal application if I submit it on the last day of my study permit expiry date? or should I do the restoration?

HenryVo

Jun 2, 2019
will it still be the normal application if I submit it on the last day of my study permit expiry date? or should I do the restoration?
You should NEVER apply for extension on the last day before the expiry date. If the application takes too long, etc, then you will be ordered to return to your home country.

Always apply at least 1 month before your visa expires. But the standard time is 3 months before your visa expires.

Anyway, your application will not be normal and there is a chance that IRCC will reject this application, in which case, you will have to apply for a new one.

HenryVo

Jun 2, 2019
I am sorry bro, but why did you apply so late?
You should book a flight as soon as possible in the case that they order you to leave. Otherwise, if you overstay, that will create a big red flag in your records and can cause tremendous problems in the future.

Reactions: sukh1996

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
As long as you have applied before the "EXPIRY" you're on implied status and don't have to leave Canada .
You can continue studying as per your study permit conditions .

If your status expired , apply for restoration and then apply for your study permit , but it won't be a renewal , it will be a new SP .

Apply ASAP , before expiry .

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
If you want to keep studying, you need to extend your study permit. You should apply to extend your permit at least 30 days before it expires. Make sure your passport doesn’t expire at the same time. You can’t extend your study permit beyond your passport’s expiry date.

If you apply before your permit expires, you can stay in Canada under the same conditions as your current study permit until you get a decision.

You should apply to extend your study permit if you plan to travel outside Canada and your permit will expire while you are travelling.

If your study permit expires, and you haven’t applied for an extension, you must leave Canada.

What to do if your permit has expired
You have lost your status if you are still in Canada and:

• the expiry date of your permit passed before you had applied for
    • a new study permit
    • a work permit, or
    • to stay in Canada as a visitor
  • you didn’t respect the conditions of your permit.
In some cases, you may apply to restore your status as a student. To apply, you must:

cheery27

Jan 1, 2024
My wife's open work permit expires on feb 1,2024 and we have applied for open work permit on feb 1, 2024. Does she eligible to continue to
work?

Last edited: