+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Submission of electronic files to CPP Ottawa must be under 5MB

Sep 10, 2014
Just a little heads up, if you are sending emails with required paperwork to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca be sure to compress those files so the total email is under 5MB.

This morning I received an email from them asking me to re-scan or otherwise compress more the files.

It seems they are unable to process files over 5MB, in my case I sent them a compressed zip file of 9MB, and that just did not work.

Hope that helps!

Good luck on your applications everyone!

islamabad786

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
March 2015
I couriered them hard copies last month as my soft copies were not received by them. I also asked CPC if they required soft copies and they replied that soft copies were not needed as they had already received hard copies.

Virtual_Flowers said:
Just a little heads up, if you are sending emails with required paperwork to CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca be sure to compress those files so the total email is under 5MB.

This morning I received an email from them asking me to re-scan or otherwise compress more the files.

It seems they are unable to process files over 5MB, in my case I sent them a compressed zip file of 9MB, and that just did not work.

Hope that helps!

Good luck on your applications everyone!