+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

submission of application to follow police clearance of principal applicant

reyshel

Feb 28, 2015
Hi everyone, if I submit the application without the police clearance of my partner would they sent back the application or I can just submit it when received? In case, where to send in Canada or the Visa office responsible for the application?

Thanks and hope to get some advice with regards to this.

alcal2014

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-14
Doc's Request.
13-03-15
AOR Received.
07-03-15
Med's Done....
03-11-14
Passport Req..
21/04/15
VISA ISSUED...
27/04/15
LANDED..........
16/06/15
Hello reyshel,

It is advised to send everything together so as there will be no delays in processing your application.

That being said, I never sent in the police certificate from my home country with the application, since it was taking along time for them to issue me the certificate. My application was not returned to me, and CIC emailed asking for me to send the police certificate within 30 days of receiving their email, which I did. My application was retained in Mississauga for processing.

I have not heard of anyone getting their application sent back because they did not include a police certificate, but maybe others on here have.

If you choose not to send it in with your application, I would also advise NOT sending in the police certificate UNTIL CIC contacts you to do so. This way it won`t get lost among the paper work at the VO. I hope this has been some help.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
reyshel said:
Thanks alcal2014 for the great advice. I would then send the application without it.
Make sure to include a letter explaining that you have applied for the PCC but are still waiting for it and will forward it on when you receive it.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Also keep in mind that CIC must receive your police clearance letter no more than 90 days after it was issued, so if you don't have a file number or anything to ensure it's attached to your file properly you run the risk of it expiring before you are able to forward it to them.

Police clearances and medicals are best included in the application package as suggested in the guides. Deviation from this are just adding that much more uncertainty to your application process because even though they MIGHT not send back the entire application for it being incomplete, they are well within their rights to do just that and set you back months of waiting.

Best of luck to you no matter how you choose to proceed.

Amalthea

May 27, 2014
Vancity
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
18-06-2015
Because of the huge wait times, a lot of US applicants have sent applications without police clearances, citing the 3-4 month wait.

My application went fine without it. I got my FBI clearance after SA, and sent it on to Ottawa. In my application I included a note that I had applied for a police clearance and when I estimated to get it, and that I would forward it on immediately.

When I ordered my notes last week, I saw that they had attached my FBI clearance to my application, even though they haven't gone through it.

I did this at the urge of other applicants, who had done this with either the police clearance or medical, and their PR was approved w/o incident - probably because they don't need those forms until the very end, anyway, when they process the sponsored's application and make a decision:)

Best of luck! I urge you to consider sending it on instead of setting yourself back months and months.

reyshel

Feb 28, 2015
Thanks for all your responses. It relieved me from worrying whether or not to send the application and wait for weeks or months for the police clearance to be released.