+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Studying part time on a PGWP work permit?

daiasjose08

Aug 21, 2019
Hello all,

I am interested in taking a masters program (part time) in one of the universities of Ontario. I am currently on a Post Graduate work permit which i received after completing 2 post graduate certificates. I am currently on a part time job which to be able to be converted to a full time one would require a masters degree in the same profession.
I know the permit wont allow to study part time until its authorized but can I apply for a study permit?
Can I have both, a Post graduation work permit and a study permit to be able to partake in part time studies?

Please help! I have exhausted all my resources and still have not found a reliable answer to it.
Thanks in advance

Regards,
Daias

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello all,

I am interested in taking a masters program (part time) in one of the universities of Ontario. I am currently on a Post Graduate work permit which i received after completing 2 post graduate certificates. I am currently on a part time job which to be able to be converted to a full time one would require a masters degree in the same profession.
I know the permit wont allow to study part time until its authorized but can I apply for a study permit?
Can I have both, a Post graduation work permit and a study permit to be able to partake in part time studies?

Please help! I have exhausted all my resources and still have not found a reliable answer to it.
Thanks in advance

Regards,
Daias
No you can’t have a PGWP and a study permit at the same time. You also can only get a PGWP one time. I would work, try to qualify for PR and once you become a PR try to return to school.

Reactions: daiasjose08

daiasjose08

Aug 21, 2019
No you can’t have a PGWP and a study permit at the same time. You also can only get a PGWP one time. I would work, try to qualify for PR and once you become a PR try to return to school.
Can I take it online maybe?
So the point in taking a masters program is to only increase my chances of getting a full time job but also to increase my CRS points.

ravi.shankar

Oct 30, 2014
Can I take it online maybe?
So the point in taking a masters program is to only increase my chances of getting a full time job but also to increase my CRS points.
The online masters won't count towards express entry points. You should have thought it before getting PGWP. Just find a full time job and after you have enough work experience, go for PR and then masters. You are also going to save a lot of money as a local student.

If you want to study, you can take the 4-6 month Post graduate courses while working on PGWP but that too won't count towards express entry points. But the courses can give you credits towards a full course depending upon the college/university where you do those courses and where you plan to do Masters.

Mar 18, 2023
Hello all,

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Daias
Hi, please please advise. Did you apply for a study permit? And if yes, did your experience still count towards Express Entry?
I need you to response please. I’m really really worried
Hello all,

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Daias

Goutam Sil

Star Member
Jun 22, 2023
Hello Mr/Ms.
This is me Goutam sil I m doing work in united Arab Emirates as a QaQc civil engineer.I am API programmer.
I need Canada,new bruns wick,Halifax,nova scotia job.
Have with me international driving licence and UAE driving licence.I have ASI standerd certificate and qa qc also profesional.
Please help me out.

Goutam Sil

Star Member
Jun 22, 2023
Hello Mr/Ms.
This is me Goutam sil skilled worker. I m doing 12 years ago work in united Arab Emirates as a QaQc civil engineer.I am API programmer.
I need Canada,new bruns wick,Halifax,nova scotia job.
Have with me international driving licence and UAE driving licence.I have ASI standerd certificate and qa qc also profesional.
Please help me out.