+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Studying IT diploma in Quebec,Canada with the immigration intention

Chaklader

Jun 4, 2016
I'm currently working as software developer in a company based in Europe and have MSc degree in an engineering discipline. I'm trying to find solid ways to immigrate in Quebec/ Canada and I'm thinking of taking an IT diploma in Montreal, Quebec on the very purpose. I 33 years of old now and have 1.5 years of working experience in the web development (Java stack). While I'm aware of the express entry program, I have lesser points to secure a position there for now.

I plan to take programmer analyst mobile and web application development diploma in the Montreal college of information technology with duration of 8 months. I haven't locked it yet and consider the similar options as well. The content or evaluation of the program is not much of my interest, rather the immigration possibility in Canada. I have few questions in various aspect,

I. Will I be able to get the working permit to look jobs in Quebec after completion of the program?

II. Will I be able to file CSQ upon graduation of the program? I have scored in DELF B2 above 16/25 in both listening and the speaking section.

Chaklader

Jun 4, 2016
My degree is in engineering and I do web development. The program is in mobile app development and if this does not work, I can surely find another program that would justify the reason. The minimum program duration to apply for the work permit is 8 months and it should provide the same duration of the work permit, at least theoretically.

The main question I would like to ask: If I get the CSQ which suppose to get processed within 20 working days after the graduation, can't I live in Quebec as long as I wish? I'm positive to find a software developer job, but, critically to think, even if I don't find any job, with CSQ I suppose to get the right to live in Quebec indefinitely. Or, am I missing something?

Chaklader

Jun 4, 2016
Ok, I didn't know about this aspect of the CSQ.

a. So, after finishing the program, if I find a job, can't I just continue till getting the permanent residency?
b. Can I look for jobs in any province or just in Quebec? I heard Toronto has more opportunities than in Quebec.
b. Do you need to the job to be LIMA certified or as I would study there, I don't need to fulfill this requirement?
c. Theoretically, if don't find a job, will they kick you out after one year even after successfully securing the CSQ? I know people secure CSQ from aboard and moved to Quebec. None of them has a job ready there. Is it I miss something? or there is difference between the point based CSQ that people apply via the MON project and post graduate CSQ

Chaklader

Jun 4, 2016
Where can I get to know if the CSQ from the PEQ and normal CSQ is the same or different? For the normal CSQ, you can live
in Quebec indefinitely irrespective of the employment status or anything else. This is the reason people from the board apply
to the CSQ and moved in Quebec and after a year, they file for the permanent residency.