+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Studying in Canada with expired PR card?


Aug 5, 2019
I have not met the residency obligations and stayed in Canada for about 2-3 months in the past 5 years while I was a minor.
The PR expired in February 2019 and I turned 18 in June 2019. I want to pursue my studies in Canada from January 2020 onwards.

I have a few questions:

1. Should I apply to the universities as a PR or an international student?
2. Should I apply for a PRTD and then travel to Canada or is it better to go via the US land border ?
3.Can I get admission to a college/university with an expired PR card?
4. If I have to renounce my PR status, how much time will that take ?