+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Studying in Canada after becoming a PR

Otiendee

Aug 21, 2019
I am still in the process of applying for Canadian PR via express entry but as I will be doing that I would also like to apply to any university. Of course at that time I will be an international student. If all goes well and I am accepted by the university then months later I get my PR, will I still pay my fees as an international student?
Or is there a way someone can change from international student to Canadian PR after being accepted by the university?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am still in the process of applying for Canadian PR via express entry but as I will be doing that I would also like to apply to any university. Of course at that time I will be an international student. If all goes well and I am accepted by the university then months later I get my PR, will I still pay my fees as an international student?
Or is there a way someone can change from international student to Canadian PR after being accepted by the university?
The admission standards are different for international student so you need to apply as a domestic student when you know you will be a PR.

Reactions: Otiendee

pallavi_deo

Star Member
Sep 10, 2019
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-12-2019
Med's Request
13-11-2019
Med's Done....
27-11-2019
The admission standards are different for international student so you need to apply as a domestic student when you know you will be a PR.
Hey hi, I am facing this same difficulty and really am confused....If I am applying as a domestic student then do I need to give GRE/IELTS also?
My PR is in process.

Thank you in advance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey hi, I am facing this same difficulty and really am confused....If I am applying as a domestic student then do I need to give GRE/IELTS also?
My PR is in process.

Thank you in advance.
GRE for sure. You will have to ask your school about IELTS but likely yes unless you come from an English speaking country. You may have difficulty getting admitted as a domestic student until you have received your PR.