+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study what I have no experience in?

Something

Jul 4, 2012
Hi all. I'm looking to apply for a 1 or 2 year diploma in web development. Now other than a couple of online courses I have no experience in web development but I really do want to make the career change and get into web development. However at this point could that be a problem for an application for visa in Canada?

On another hand, I have years of experience working in hotels. But I want to change careers. I mean if I enrolled in hotel management it would make sense from an application standpoint but its not in line with my personal goals..

Im just curious do you think its likely my application for studying web development will be rejected? If it helps any, I got 9's across the board on my IELTS.

Now being that Im really set on Canda do you think I should sacrifice my personal goals and go for the hotel management or do you think I could get in for web development? What if I completed a course before going to Canada, would that help or is it unnecesssary?

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
Hi all. I'm looking to apply for a 1 or 2 year diploma in web development. Now other than a couple of online courses I have no experience in web development but I really do want to make the career change and get into web development. However at this point could that be a problem for an application for visa in Canada?

On another hand, I have years of experience working in hotels. But I want to change careers. I mean if I enrolled in hotel management it would make sense from an application standpoint but its not in line with my personal goals..

Im just curious do you think its likely my application for studying web development will be rejected? If it helps any, I got 9's across the board on my IELTS.

Now being that Im really set on Canda do you think I should sacrifice my personal goals and go for the hotel management or do you think I could get in for web development? What if I completed a course before going to Canada, would that help or is it unnecesssary?
In the eyes of the visa officer you are using the study permit to come to Canada. You are not upgrading your career.
What you can do is apply for both. Arrive early. Once you are inside Canada switch program and notify them.

Reactions: dreamy2536

Something

Jul 4, 2012
Hmm interesting. Didnt think about that.
That could actually be a possibility. Apply for hospitality, then once Im there switch to web development..
Yeah cuz Im kinda scared if I apply outright for web development they tell me that it doesnt match my current education, qualifications, work experience etc.