Study visa while waiting for PR

ruha123

Jul 29, 2018
Hi,
My credentials are as follows:
10th: 97%
12th: 94.2%
IELTS: 8 [L:8.5, S:8.5, R: 8, W: 7]
Got accepted into UWaterloo for Computer Engineering. I have paid the fees for 1st semester and have opened a GIC account with 10k CAD.
Strong ties to home country (India) as have 4 properties here.
Father's income: 89k CAD; Mother's income: 48k CAD
I think I have written a strong SOP.
My father has applied for PR and I have applied for study visa because PR process is taking time and I don't want to miss the chance to study in University of Waterloo.

Will I get my visa? I had applied on 20th July and it is showing that it is under process at New Delhi VFS.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
your a academic profile is pretty good and you surely stand a chance of getting an approval but only the VO has the final say of that..

I guess you applied under the regular category given you paid for just a semester but given your excellent academic record, it would have be best if you have paid a year's tuition fees and opt for SDS

but in all, you stand a visa chance

ruha123

Jul 29, 2018
your a academic profile is pretty good and you surely stand a chance of getting an approval but only the VO has the final say of that..

I guess you applied under the regular category given you paid for just a semester but given your excellent academic record, it would have be best if you have paid a year's tuition fees and opt for SDS

but in all, you stand a visa chance
I have applied under University category as it is University of Waterloo. Anyways, thanks a lot for your response! Hoping for the best now..