+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study Visa Was Rejected

Abh-2019

Feb 21, 2019
Hello,
I am 19 years old, graduated from high school, and have a conditional acceptance letter from Saint Mary University (SMU). I will study ESL for one year and then start my BSc at SMU.
My brother lives in Canada and he is my sponsor. His bank account has more than 50,000 CAD and he wrote a letter showing that he is supporting me. I do not have a bank statement. un unfortunately My visa application was rejected due to the:

I am refusing your application.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).

• You have significant family ties in Canada.

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

Any Advise would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Ahmed

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,
I am 19 years old, graduated from high school, and have a conditional acceptance letter from Saint Mary University (SMU). I will study ESL for one year and then start my BSc at SMU.
My brother lives in Canada and he is my sponsor. His bank account has more than 50,000 CAD and he wrote a letter showing that he is supporting me. I do not have a bank statement. un unfortunately My visa application was rejected due to the:

I am refusing your application.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).

• You have significant family ties in Canada.

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

Any Advise would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Ahmed
The fact you have a brother in Canada weakens your application, as does the fact you plan to take the ESL program first.

Improve your English language abilities in your home country and then get direct admission to the university (without needing to do the ESL program). Then reapply for the study permit.

Can your parents show proof of funds as well (in addition to your brother)?

Abh-2019

Feb 21, 2019
The fact you have a brother in Canada weakens your application, as does the fact you plan to take the ESL program first.

Improve your English language abilities in your home country and then get direct admission to the university (without needing to do the ESL program). Then reapply for the study permit.

Can your parents show proof of funds as well (in addition to your brother)?

Thank you for your reply.

My mother does not have a bank statements enough for my study. I would like to reapply again this month, do you have any more advice?

Thanks for your time.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for your reply.

My mother does not have a bank statements enough for my study. I would like to reapply again this month, do you have any more advice?

Thanks for your time.
Can you get direct admission without needing to take the ELS program first?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I do not think so.
Then what are you changing in your application to strengthen it?

I don't see the point in reapplying unless you are strengthening your application in at least one (preferably several) ways.

Abh-2019

Feb 21, 2019
Then what are you changing in your application to strengthen it?

I don't see the point in reapplying unless you are strengthening your application in at least one (preferably several) ways.
I will provide an apartment ownership certificate from back home and approve that most of my family is not in Canada. Also, I will pay the first-term fees.

What do you think of that?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I will provide an apartment ownership certificate from back home and approve that most of my family is not in Canada. Also, I will pay the first-term fees.

What do you think of that?
Do you own the apartment? If you own the apartment, then include this. If not, no point. It's not considered to be a tie by IRCC.

You should definitely pay the first term fees.

No idea if this will be enough to get the application approved.

FYI - I don't think there's any chance your new application will be processed before the January term starts. So be prepared to defer the start of your program to the nex semester / term if you were planning on starting in January.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You need unconditional acceptance with improved IELTS scores without the need for an ESL program. So you own your own apartment and how does that improve your finances? Do you get rental income from it?

How much money did you show? If your mother doesn’t have the funds then how are you improving them? If you need a year of ESL and then start an undergrad program that is $80-100k for tuition and living expenses. Where are these funds coming from.

January admission is not an option.