+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

study visa S1 category

outlanderz

May 8, 2015
Hello everyone... I have completed my graduation.. And lookind forward for further study in canada... I have 5.5 bands in ielts overall..can i apply for study visa in S-1 category.. Any chances for refusal tell asap

Pures Toro

Star Member
May 8, 2015
IELTS 5.5 is a not acceptable under the SPP outline for International students.

You may get the admissions in some remote colleges. The chances of rejection is slim but I would suggest to try the IELTS exam again and try getting a better score.

OrcaBayVan

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have many students from India getting Study and Co-op Open Work Permits with 5.5 IELTS.

There are many Licensed and Accredited Colleges and even Universities located within major Cities in BC and across Canada that accepts Students with 5.5 IELTS.

There is no need to apply to "remote" Colleges that is a waste of time for International Students even without IELTS.

outlanderz

May 8, 2015
Plz help me further about this.. I really want to study in canada tell me more if can i apply in S-1 category ???

OrcaBayVan

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What did you graduate in?

Can you apply for a Masters at a University based on your Graduation credentials?

What course of Study etc are you interested in?

Does your current qualification and Institution you graduated allow you to get a PGWP?

Need more info to help you.

Read CIC website as well.

outlanderz

May 8, 2015
I m graduated in bachelor's of arts.. I want to do any kind of diploma course instead of masters course because i know i am not eligible for it and chances of visa rejection.... Some immigration agents told me that its ok to be 5.5 bands i can apply for canada under S-1 category in some diploma course.... Should i trust them??

OrcaBayVan

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. Do NOT trust "Immigration Agents" only ones listed by the Government of Canada on their website that are certified are reliable,

2. IELTS 5.5 is minimum without seeing your transcript hard to tell any scores on their below 5.5?

3. With a B.A. you can apply for any Arts type of Masters programs,

4. You can also apply alternatively to Diploma programs,

5. with a B.A you should check out either Hospitality (Hotel / Tourism Management) or other types of Arts Diploma / Degree programs (depending on your marks) you may not get accepted into regular University Degree programs but Diploma should be no problem,

In BC traditionally Hospitality has been a Skills shortage area. We are waiting on the 90 day review of the PNP program to see if there will be any changes.

You would apply for a Study Permit maybe a Work Permit if there is a work component as in some Diploma College programs.

amrit1227

Aug 24, 2015
Hi i got solely overall 5.5 band in ielts but i want to know about s1 visa category and recently i have completed my secondary education and i got 85% marks in 12th class so plzz tell me m i eligible for canada visa