+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

STUDY VISA REJECTED (FROM SAUDI ARABIA)- GCMS POSTED- PLS HELP!!!!

Sam2295

Nov 22, 2020
Dear All,

I have received my GCMS notes today. If any experienced persons out there, please suggest me what are the next steps that I have to take. Posting my GCMS notes below.

Text:
Going for project management at Conestoga College from 2021/05/17 until 2021/12/18 in Kitchener,
ON. LOA issued in 2020/12/24
Proof of payment to institution worth 15.9k CAD
School in COVID-19 DLI list
IELST: 6.0
Bachelor in mechanical eng. cert in 2016/11 from India on file
PA is working as mechanical engineer since 2019/09, salary not indicated. LOE issued in 2021/03/15
Student funds in CDA has 10k CAD

Taking the applicant's plan of studies into account, the documentation provided in support of the
applicant's financial situation does not demonstrate that the proposed studies would be a reasonable
expense.

The study plan does not appear reasonable given the applicant's employment and education history.
I note that PA has previous studies at a higher academic level than the proposed studies in Canada.
PAIS proposed studies are not reasonable given their career path. Noted there are comparable
programs in KSA and surrounding Gulf region.

Taking the applicant's current employment situation into consideration, the employment does not
demonstrate that the applicant is sufficiently well established that the applicant would leave Canada
at the end of a period of authorized stay.

The applicant's immigration status in their country of residence is temporary, which reduces their
ties to that country. PA is single, mobile, is not well established.

Based on the applicant's limited employment prospects in their country of residence due to
saudization, I have accorded less weight to their ties to their country of residence.
PA's establishment and family ties in KSA are on a temporary basis. Push/pull factors weigh in
favour of remaining to take advantage of better socio-economic opportunities. Not satisfied PA will
be motivated to return to country of nationality.

Weighing the factors in this application (immigration status, Funds and assets, purpose, current
employment), I am not satisfied that the applicant will adhere to the terms and conditions imposed as
a temporary resident.
Refused. R216 not met.

Appreciate your help if you could respond to this!!!

Thank you,

Dr.No

Jun 15, 2021
Frankly, everything is neatly explained by the VO already.

- You are a Mechanical Engineer but opting for Project Management course. Do it only if you had any work experience in PM. He also mentions there are similar programs in KSA so why come to Canada.

- You are going for something lower than your current education. Always a negative. Go for Masters instead.

- Always apply from country of citizenship for better chances.

sqfit

Jan 16, 2020
Dear All,

I have received my GCMS notes today. If any experienced persons out there, please suggest me what are the next steps that I have to take. Posting my GCMS notes below.

Text:
Going for project management at Conestoga College from 2021/05/17 until 2021/12/18 in Kitchener,
PA is working as mechanical engineer since 2019/09, salary not indicated. LOE issued in 2021/03/15

Taking the applicant's plan of studies into account, the documentation provided in support of the
applicant's financial situation does not demonstrate that the proposed studies would be a reasonable
expense.

The study plan does not appear reasonable given the applicant's employment and education history.
I note that PA has previous studies at a higher academic level than the proposed studies in Canada.
PAIS proposed studies are not reasonable given their career path. Noted there are comparable

Taking the applicant's current employment situation into consideration, the employment does not
demonstrate that the applicant is sufficiently well established that the applicant would leave Canada

The applicant's immigration status in their country of residence is temporary, which reduces their

Based on the applicant's limited employment prospects in their country of residence due to
saudization, I have accorded less weight to their ties to their country of residence.
PA's establishment and family ties in KSA are on a temporary basis. Push/pull factors weigh in
favour of remaining to take advantage of better socio-economic opportunities. Not satisfied PA will

Weighing the factors in this application (immigration status, Funds and assets, purpose, current
employment), I am not satisfied that the applicant will adhere to the terms and conditions imposed as
a temporary resident.
Refused. R216 not met.

Thank you,
Hey, I remember telling you that your Ielts wasn’t the ONLY reason, I hope you didn’t re apply according to your agents poor advice. You need to explain VERY STRONGLY why that course !!
Also your finances, how much money did you show?
You need to apply from India and show ties to home country, your parents, properties etc because a single applicant especially a male needs to prove that they will return.
Do not apply again from KSA, no matter how much people tell you because the success rate of expats from here is 2/50 literally.
I got the same reasons just some points excluded. Everyone from the Middle East get the same exact copy pasted VO notes.

Sam2295

Nov 22, 2020
Frankly, everything is neatly explained by the VO already.

- You are a Mechanical Engineer but opting for Project Management course. Do it only if you had any work experience in PM. He also mentions there are similar programs in KSA so why come to Canada.

- You are going for something lower than your current education. Always a negative. Go for Masters instead.

- Always apply from country of citizenship for better chances.
Hey, Thank you for the response.

To justify, is it possible to write in my LOE that, I have already worked as a supervisory role and I have opted PG diploma in project management because its only 1 year course and after 1 year I have to join my company and when I have contacted my previous employer he said I have to be back after 1 year (also have confirmation of employment from my previous employer stating Im on unpaid leave).

Regarding the level of education, PG diploma with project management can be opted after bachelors degree also. If I go for Masters its 2 years. My main motive is to come back home after 1 year.

And opting Canada for project management other than gulf regions is because, the course certificate from canada is highly valued in India for jobs rather than studying in gulf regions and also will get a new exposure as an international student in canada

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
This has to be one the best thoughtfully-written, explicit and clear notes I've come across. Kudos to the Officer.
Like others have said, it's very clear what the problem with your application is - literally everything about it needs to change.
Don't keep your agent either.

Reactions: Tete

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020

To justify, is it possible to write in my LOE that, I have already worked as a supervisory role and I have opted PG diploma in project management because its only 1 year course and after 1 year I have to join my company and when I have contacted my previous employer he said I have to be back after 1 year (also have confirmation of employment from my previous employer stating Im on unpaid leave).

Regarding the level of education, PG diploma with project management can be opted after bachelors degree also. If I go for Masters its 2 years. My main motive is to come back home after 1 year.

And opting Canada for project management other than gulf regions is because, the course certificate from canada is highly valued in India for jobs rather than studying in gulf regions and also will get a new exposure as an international student in canada
No one should spend so much money on a foreign education just to suit their current employment/employer's needs. This is an investment in your future (at least, it should be). Saying that you are making all this plans completely hinged on your current company only given you so much time off etc is not convincing in the least. You are going to study in order to have better prospects elsewhere and in bigger companies with better pay.

You are taking unpaid leave for a year and the VO noted lack of funds. How much savings did you show besides the GIC and the tuition deposit?

If your plan is to be back at work after one year. Take your PG in PM course at home..or online.

Dr.No

Jun 15, 2021

I’m not sure how a project management course which would lay emphasis on Agile or Scrum will help you in supervisory role in mechanical engineering industry. You’ll have a uphill task to explain it to VO.

Also, many good institutes offer the same course in India. So you’ll have to impress VO why you want to come to Canada for this. You cannot just say you’ll come back after 1 year. Like @wonderbly mentioned, how will you survive for more than a year without pay and how is that your employer OK with you not working for a year and joining back which is in KSA while you are trying to prove in your LOE that this course is valued in India.

Sam2295

Nov 22, 2020
Also, many good institutes offer the same course in India. So you’ll have to impress VO why you want to come to Canada for this. You cannot just say you’ll come back after 1 year. Like @wonderbly mentioned, how will you survive for more than a year without pay and how is that your employer OK with you not working for a year and joining back which is in KSA while you are trying to prove in your LOE that this course is valued in India.
[/QUOTE]
Hey,
Correction: Im not joining back in KSA since its a temporary resident. Im planning to move back to INDIA itself since I have employment letter from my previous employer stating i will join in that company after my studies in canada.

And regarding about funding, I have showed my parents pay certificate that they will fund me and salary is also shown. As they are working in KSA

Sam2295

Nov 22, 2020
What do you guys suggest, if I go back to India and re apply my file for the second time under SDS application. Do you think its a good idea

sqfit

Jan 16, 2020
What do you guys suggest, if I go back to India and re apply my file for the second time under SDS application. Do you think its a good idea
Applying from India is not the only solution. Your profile needs to be well explained too. Keep reading and researching of how people got approvals after rejections & how many changes they had to make. Don’t rush.

Sam2295

Nov 22, 2020
No one should spend so much money on a foreign education just to suit their current employment/employer's needs. This is an investment in your future (at least, it should be). Saying that you are making all this plans completely hinged on your current company only given you so much time off etc is not convincing in the least. You are going to study in order to have better prospects elsewhere and in bigger companies with better pay.

You are taking unpaid leave for a year and the VO noted lack of funds. How much savings did you show besides the GIC and the tuition deposit?

If your plan is to be back at work after one year. Take your PG in PM course at home..or online.
I almost showed 20,000 CAD in my parents account as bank statement. That itself is enough after paying Tuition fees and GIC

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021
Dear All,

Text:

expense.

a temporary resident.
Refused. R216 not met.

Thank you,
Honestly speaking, most people go for studies in Canada with the sole purpose to immigrate. Having said that you need to still have a compelling story for the VO to tick the right boxes. Even if they know your reasoning they cant just give you SP based on belief that you are a bonafied person who will not stay back illegally. They deal with 1000's of applications and they don't have enough time to go through all of them in detail. There are few VO which are lenient and lot of below average profiles get through easily but AUH is definitely not one of them.

A good start would be applying from your home country, look at the program you want to do and choose something higher as this will not fly anymore since VO has made comments about it.

Sam2295

Nov 22, 2020
Honestly speaking, most people go for studies in Canada with the sole purpose to immigrate. Having said that you need to still have a compelling story for the VO to tick the right boxes. Even if they know your reasoning they cant just give you SP based on belief that you are a bonafied person who will not stay back illegally. They deal with 1000's of applications and they don't have enough time to go through all of them in detail. There are few VO which are lenient and lot of below average profiles get through easily but AUH is definitely not one of them.

A good start would be applying from your home country, look at the program you want to do and choose something higher as this will not fly anymore since VO has made comments about it.
what do you think about applying from my homecountry for the second time as an SDS applicant? Does it make my application good also with a reasonable SOP.

Appreciate your response!

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021
what do you think about applying from my homecountry for the second time as an SDS applicant? Does it make my application good also with a reasonable SOP.

Appreciate your response!
Lot of candidates do this and get success. It is not 100% guaranteed but it does increase your chances of approval provided rest of the file is in order.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I almost showed 20,000 CAD in my parents account as bank statement. That itself is enough after paying Tuition fees and GIC
That's your parent's money, and it seems like that is ALL of it. Did you show money of your own? I don't know how old you are, but you've been working in a foreign country but you don't have your own savings and still need your parents to sponsor you. If all that's in your parent's account is that CAD20k then obviously you (or them) cannot afford your studies in Canada. Especially if their entire life savings is being spend on a college program that most likely would not yield future rewards for your career.

My advise is that:
1. Apply from India if possible as advised by @sqfit.
2. Change your program. Pursue a Masters degree along the lines of your previous qualification. If you absolutely want to venture into business or PM, go for an MBA at a public university.

Reactions: charliem