+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study visa refused pls help

Albania

Mar 25, 2019
I have done a application at the same time with a friend of mine from albania to study in canada. We both got refused for two reasons
1. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
2. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
We both have 15000 CAD in our bank account.
We want to do a reapplication, if you have any information or personal experience for this situation please help us.

philus

Oct 14, 2016
Did you write a letter to support your application. This, while often overlooked, can save one. I wrote a detailed letter explaining why I wanted to study in Canada, what the plans are during and after my program.

Yeah, that's the tricky part, even when you have the minimum financial requirement, they can come back and say they aren't satisfied that you will return. This will make me to emphasize again that it is CRUCIAL that applicants look into (1) financial, (2) social and (3) can't remember, perhaps family?

You need to show those ties. Financial is difficult for most of us but we can work harder on the other two:

Do you have people you take care of. It doesn't have to be financial.
What group do you belong in your country - any community activity?

Most of us were jobless when applying for a study visa, and won't likely change in the foreseeable future except our respective governments back home do something, but you can tell them the impact of your BSc thesis and why you feel further study will assist in your career path or something like that. All these sound trivial but help. Visa officers are humans and since they have blood running through their veins, they can be moved by a story.....

I will advise you explain the source of the 15000 and possibly how you can access funds while there, if you have such source(s). Never mentioned you hope to work part time job in Canada.
If there are emails of some promise of Teaching Assistantship or whatever from your uni, include such emails.

I assume your proposed course is related to your previous course, if not, you need extra work on this. Must explain why the deviation.

Above all, what you essentially need to do is to work on those two key words: financial status, personal assets, purpose of your visit.

Good luck

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have done a application at the same time with a friend of mine from albania to study in canada. We both got refused for two reasons
1. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
2. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
We both have 15000 CAD in our bank account.
We want to do a reapplication, if you have any information or personal experience for this situation please help us.
You don't have enough money to study in Canada. You need to show a bank balance of at least $25,000 each.

Albania

Mar 25, 2019
Thanks for u help philus! Im going for caips notes to see the reasons of refuse....i didnt write a sop letter when i apliccate for visa....this time i will write a sop letter telling the officer i will return in my homecountry because i have my family here etc....the problem is te financial refuse...i hahave to add some documents like my fathers incope my mother business that not includet in the first application....and pay the university fee... What do u think?

philus

Oct 14, 2016
Oh I see. You need everything you have at your disposal to fight. Yes, include all the evidence for assets and business, and proof of your relationship (birth certificates). Mention why he is sponsoring you in your SOP.

Yes, yes, pay the university fees (at least 50%). This helps a lot.

If you want, you can send the money to a Canadian bank: https://startright.scotiabank.com/student-gic.html

Reactions: Albania

philus

Oct 14, 2016
Hmmm, in my opinion having a cousin already in Canada may not help but check with people on the forum. In the US, one of the things that count against visa applicants is having a relative in the US. The system believes that's a strong indication you won't come back - as you will settle doen quickly .....

And, one important thing. I'm sure your cousing must have briefed you on this. Your cousin must show that he has the capacity to fund your living. This can be in form of showing his rental agreement that will reveal he has extra room you can live. He would probably need to give you his bank statement or pay stubs too to show that he has extra 10,000 (minus rent) to cater for you.

Having someone there, in my opinion, isn't really a passport to get a visa. CIC would probably have info about your cousin. Everyone knows it's difficult to accommodate people - additional cost, water, heating, room, etc. So, I think it is really important you address this too. It will be helpful if your cousin has helped you in the past e.g., sending money to you. In that case, you want to include those proof.... And don't forget you need documentary evidence of your relationship

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have my cousin in canada who take care for the living in canada...i will stay at his house during my studys
It doesn't matter. You still have to show enough funds to cover your first year tuition and also an additional $10K in living expenses. You won't be approved with just $15,000 - this isn't enough money. There is no point re-applying until you can show you have enough funds.

Albania

Mar 25, 2019
It doesn't matter. You still have to show enough funds to cover your first year tuition and also an additional $10K in living expenses. You won't be approved with just $15,000 - this isn't enough money. There is no point re-applying until you can show you have enough funds.
I dont know....but one of my friends got accepted with only 13k cad without garanzie....

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I dont know....but one of my friends got accepted with only 13k cad without garanzie....
I'm not sure what you mean by garanzie. However IRCC almost always refuses the application if you cannot show the required funds. You are required to show funds that cover both the tuition and the living expenses.

Udee

Apr 2, 2019
Sri Lanka
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
Hi, One of my friends had the same situation. When she apply again,along with the other ties, she provided an affidavit saying that she will return to her own country after finishing her study period. She got the study permit second time . Good luck

Albania

Mar 25, 2019
Hi, One of my friends had the same situation. When she apply again,along with the other ties, she provided an affidavit saying that she will return to her own country after finishing her study period. She got the study permit second time . Good luck
Hi! How much money do your friend have? What he do for financial status pls let me know thnks

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Affidavits promising to return are useless documents they are not legally binding in Canada, they are meaningless as far as IRCC is concerned. You need to show that after your studies you have things/a future to return to in your country.