+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Study permit refused on 216(1) of the IRPR

Discussion in 'International Students' started by ankitnimesh, May 20, 2018.

1. #1 ankitnimesh, May 20, 2018 at 7:39 AM
    Last edited: May 21, 2018
    This is what I received -

Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

• Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous studies, missing marksheets, academic record, level of establishment, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

My background - I did 12th in 2012 and joined engineering but left it in 2017 because of too many backlogs.
    I got accepted in Business Diploma in management for 2018-20. My brother lives in canada and he showed his bank statement, a letter from company where he is employed. I showed nothing about what I did from 2012 to 2018.
    I am planning to re-applying, any advice would be highly appreciated.

2. Same happened with me..do u reloged or not?

3. Same happened with me . Do u relodged file or not?

4. Are you serious man¡¡¡ i mean how could you log file if you have a long gap. You must have to submit a very strong SOP and also your strong curriculum but both are not available here so dont go for visa without this documents

AGoodSoul likes this.
  5. Not yet. Waiting for CAIPS notes, researching more and preparing SOP.
    What's your background? Which college you applied to? What course? Did you submit any SOP?

6. Thanks for the advice. I'm working on those things now.

7. I did b.com in 2016 without any backlogs after that I joined CA then but left and then I applied for business management diploma and accepted

8. I did b.com in 2016 without any backlogs then I joined CA and left in oct 2017 ..after that I applied for business management course in northern lights college and accepted but my visa is refused bacause of 3 reasons that u mentioned

9. I'm also same mail received..are you apply online or offline

10. You applied yourself or through any agent?

11. Through agent

12. • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
    Only one reason, they were mentioned...how to solve my problem.. please advise me

Thanks in advance

Ishmeet kaur likes this.
  13. I also facing same problem...Do you reapply??

14. Yes. I got the visa.

achinatgene and Dilpreet01639 like this.
  15. H
    Help me bro